2011 Walls of Steel Match

As most of you already know this years match will be held August 19, 20 & 21. Shooters may choose either time slot available on those days or more if competing in more than one class.

Please see www.wallsofsteel.com for match info, entry forms, directions, pics from years past and whatever else you may like to know.

If you can't find what you're looking for there then feel free to contact me at any time.

This will be our 5th year and each year it has been growing and I expect this year to be no exeption.

Colt Firearms will be the match sponsor this year and will generously be donating two handguns again to be awarded to two lucky individuals. Not too mention the various sponsors we get every year who donate prizes and/or cash to help with expenses such as shirts and target repairs and improvements.

July 19 is the deadline to enter to be eligible for a free shirt. If you enter after that date the shirt will not be included with your entry fee.

Hope to see you there.

Kimber45

I'll 2nd that, just look at how many folks showed up for the Mini WoS match !!
I need to get my app in soon so I can get the days I want, wait too long and the weekend days are full [sad]

See you all there [laugh2]

Just a note to let everyone know we still have a few slots open for anyone interested. Get me your info by this Friday July 22 and I will still be able to get you a shirt with your entry fee.

Contact me by email and I will secure your spot and shirt for you.

Kimber45

Just a note to let everyone know we still have a few slots open for anyone interested. Get me your info by this Friday July 22 and I will still be able to get you a shirt with your entry fee.

Contact me by email and I will secure your spot and shirt for you.

Kimber45

I hope this years color is barbecue sauce friendly!

dave

Jim has been working hard on this year's Walls of Steel and has totally rearranged the bays. It looks like a great match this year. Unfortunately, many folks will be out shooting the National Steel Challenge and IDPA Regional, but it is also Fortunate, cause it might takes some of the best talent out and gives us a better chance to win some MOOLA!!! So bring a friend this year and introduce them to this awesome sport. There are still openings for Sat and Sunday.
Hope to see y'all there!

Unfortunately, many folks will be out shooting the National Steel Challenge and IDPA Regional

We've got to coordinate this better next year. I'm working NER this weekend.

People, if you've never shot falling steel you don't know what your missing. It's a blast! Bring two guns and shoot one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Sorry... I didn't pick the days. :(

If it makes you feel any better swing by during the week... we can use the help. :)

Rotate SOs out, run down to RI, shoot and come back! I don't see a problem here. :p

Ken with Major matches- you need to keep the SO teams together on each pit. Make sure to give the SOs a hug for their hard work!

Ken with Major matches- you need to keep the SO teams together on each pit. Make sure to give the SOs a hug for their hard work!
It was sarcasm Dave. However I'm so giving everyone hugs from here on out. Thank god for a cold range.

It was sarcasm Dave. However I'm so giving everyone hugs from here on out. Thank god for a cold range.

Uhh. I'm usually good picking up on the sarcasm... I don't know you well enough. LOL. Someone suggested that we do this today though and they were serious!

Well I for one can't wait for this weekend. The only bummer is that I haven't gotten much practice in the last couple of months so I will be very rusty. It doesn't matter though because there isn't much that's more fun than stage after stage of knock-down steel. Ya just keep BLASTING away till it's all down.

I'm RO'ing on Saturday so I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of you folks. I'm shooting with my 12yr old son on Sunday and I'm very excited to watch him give it a try.

-Cuz

Thinking about throwing in a .22 handgun side match as well as the shotgun match. Anybody have any thoughts on that? Yay or Nay?

Last edited:
Jim,
You never cease to amaze me. Always looking for ways to make things a bit more interesting for the shooters.

Thanks,
-Cuz.

Also have some pretty cool stage designs this year. Tried to shake it up a bit. Actually have four stages setup already as of 3:00 this afternoon. What a wet day to be doing that.

Back
Top Bottom