2011 Walls of Steel Match

Thanks Larry!
Dave- I crashed and burned on stage 2 trying to go too fast. I missed a ton then missed my last four shots on the final plate. End of story for that stage.

If you had gotten that last plate on Stage 2 on your last shot, you wouldn't have had the 5 second/plate penalty. You would have won the division by 0.01 seconds.

If you had gotten that last plate on Stage 2 on your last shot, you wouldn't have had the 5 second/plate penalty. You would have won the division by 0.01 seconds.

Geeze Bill- you didn't have to rub it in. I think he figured out the math. [rolleyes]

Geeze Bill- you didn't have to rub it in. I think he figured out the math. [rolleyes]

Ahh no sweat. It would have been awesome to beat 10mmDave. I have been looking up to his shooting ability since I started. He (and others) have taught me so much over the years of competing together. And I in turn try to pass along what little bit I can to newer shooters.

But that is one of the best parts about competitive shooting sports as you know... No matter what level you are at, one mistake, and somebody is right there to take it from you. That is what makes it fun and often is the source for all that ribbing (which you like so much) we give each other.

Now... get ready for this weekend 'cause I'm gonna kick your ass in New Bedford!

Last edited:

Sorry, I really didn't mean to rub it in.

It's rare that anyone comes sooo close to beating Dave, even when he's shooting a bottom feeder.

I get excited when I get to do some meaningful mathematics.

Last edited:
Ahh no sweat. It would have been awesome to beat 10mmDave. I have been looking up to his shooting ability since I was a little kid. He (and others) have taught me so much over the years of competing together. And I in turn try to pass along what little bit I can to newer shooters.

But that is one of the best parts about competitive shooting sports as you know... No matter what level you are at, one mistake, and somebody is right there to take it from you. That is what makes it fun and often is the source for all that ribbing (which you like so much) we give each other.

Now... get ready for this weekend 'cause I'm gonna kick your ass in New Bedford!

FIFY [rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Why does everybody want to beat me [crying][crying][crying] I'm developing a complex I think.

Oops, had do delete what I wrote, just realized it was in Open

There's some vid's up on my utube page, 10mmdave, and look for "WoS 2011"
You can see "Smokey Jim" P try and shoot steel through a wall of smoke.
One vid of Jim "Auto-Demon" R giving it a go (sorry I didn't get more of you Jim)
And of course lots of Johnny "the Body" Sardina looking good with that fancy shirt of his [smile]
Some others too, check it out.

Still looking forward to next year !

Last edited:
Final results will be posted this week. 175 guns not counting side matches takes a little time to get the scores correct and to figure out the payouts.

Not too mention that our club's annual Field Day is tomorrow. That takes some time away from my other obligations as well.

I appreciate everyone's patience very much. I'll post here as soon as I have them posted.

Kimber45

Final results have been posted. Congratulations to all of this years winners.

Still waiting for the certificates from Colt and I will post those winners as soon as I have them.

Kimber45

Awesome job everybody! Gotta love the Lewis Class payout system. Out of 111 shooters in the Stock Auto Division 26 of them won money!!! That's almost 25% of the participants. That's a LOT of happy shooters that had no idea they were going to win anything. That's also one of the reasons this is my favorite match to shoot. Everybody has a legitimate chance to come away winning money. And with so many payouts everyone gets to share the wealth.

Thanks again to Jim, Bobby, and everyone else that works so hard to make Walls of Steel happen. Already looking forward to next year.

-Cuz.

Hoping for August 17, 18, and 19 [devil2]

I'm hoping that it isn't. If it is I'll be shooting two matches that weekend and not helping at either [thinking]

The 2012 New England Regional IDPA Championship will be August 17 (Staff), August 18 and August 19 2012... Last year some of the staff who regularly shoot the Walls of Steel couldn't make it because of the schedule conflict... Hopefully WOS will be the following weekend...

Considering they have had it third week of August as long as I have shot the match, I like the consistency of being able to plan ahead. I would guess most that shoot Walls are not concerned with 2012 NE IDPA regionals and those that shoot both will be able to with prior planning as they did last year.

Anyway, whenever the Walls of Steel are held, I plan to shoot it. Best match of the year with Mini Walls second. Looking forward to it.

Considering they have had it third week of August as long as I have shot the match, I like the consistency of being able to plan ahead. I would guess most that shoot Walls are not concerned with 2012 NE IDPA regionals and those that shoot both will be able to with prior planning as they did last year.

Anyway, whenever the Walls of Steel are held, I plan to shoot it. Best match of the year with Mini Walls second. Looking forward to it.

Yeah, Walls was definitely there first. It's unfortunate that NER was scheduled to conflict again this year. The first year of NER at Harvard didn't. Not sure why they changed last year, and repeated it this year despite the complaints last time.

Yeah, Walls was definitely there first. It's unfortunate that NER was scheduled to conflict again this year. The first year of NER at Harvard didn't. Not sure why they changed last year, and repeated it this year despite the complaints last time.

Jeff- If I'm not correct NER was on the 3rd week in August before MWT picked up the match. NB did it on the 3rd week of August in 2008. MWT/HSC picked it up subsequent to that. Prior to 2008 I also believe it was 3rd week of August.

Bottom line- there could be two major events that weekend and shooters can either pick one or the other or better yet- do both!!

NER 2010 was the 2.5th weekend of August (The 1st was a Sunday). Walls was the weekend after that, the 3.5th.
I correctly remembered them being different in 2009, but it looks like NER was the 3rd weekend and Walls was the 4th.

It's hard to do both if you want to work one of them.

You've only shot it twice? Here's when the two matches have been:

NERWoS
20073rd weekend3rd weekend
20083rd weekend4th weekend
20093rd weekend4th weekend
2010*3rd weekend4th weekend
20113rd weekend3rd weekend

I'll be bummed if they conflict. I agree that consistency would be good.

*2010 was a split weekend so you could call it 2nd and 3rd rather than 3rd and 4th.

You've only shot it twice? Here's when the two matches have been:

NERWoS
20073rd weekend3rd weekend
20083rd weekend4th weekend
20093rd weekend4th weekend
2010*3rd weekend4th weekend
20113rd weekend3rd weekend

I'll be bummed if they conflict. I agree that consistency would be good.

*2010 was a split weekend so you could call it 2nd and 3rd rather than 3rd and 4th.

Thanks for researching that... I've been involved on the staff for the NER in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 and it was only last year that I remembered having a conflict with the Walls of Steel Match... I wasn't involved in NER or WoS in 2007 so I didn't know about that conflict.

Back
Top Bottom