• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2011 Walls of Steel Match

Great match, Thanks to all the staff and to the sponsors that help make this my favorite match of the year. Some day I may have to get one of those fancy guns with a dot so I can shoot a second gun and have twice the frustration [wink]

It only took three stages for my hands to loosen up, after that I was even able to hit a plate or two. Still a fun match.

Thanks for the pics. Awesome stages, and more steel than last year! I'll see you guys tomorrow morning.

Also, what time does the Sunday morning squad start shooting? Is it 9:00 or 10:00 a.m.???

Thanks,
-Cuz.

According to the entry form it is 9AM.

Yeah, but I thought for some reason on Sunday's they couldn't start shooting until 10:00 a.m. Jim will let us know for sure.

I can't wait to shoot Sunday.

Bring LOTS of ammo. The stage with the smallest targets CRUSHED me. Ended up with a 142.48. No one to blame but myself.[rolleyes]

The other 5 stages I shot an average of around 70. Think I went through about 250 rounds.

Big thanks to all the squads I RO'ed on stage 6 this morning. Glad everybody had fun and look forward to shooting with everybody again.

Dave

Change screen name to "Handsome and Thin" Thanks again [rofl]

Edit to add:

some of the sponsors to thank:

WALLSSPONSORS.jpg

Last edited:
Had an excellent time shooting this for my first time! All that steel, looked so easy to hit. 5 mags later.. not so much.

Thank you to the ROs and the folks that put this on!

Wow!!!! First time shooting it and it was a blast......pun intended!! Awesome facility and all that were in charge did a fantastic job. Little bit more practice is in order, but will not miss this one ever again.

Wow, what a shoot today. After RO'ing both time slots yesterday I was absolutely dying to finally get to shoot. This was without a doubt the best "Walls" match yet. 184 pieces was a LOT of steel. Hats off to the setup crew for changing all the stages around so anyone who shot the Mini-Walls match back in April had all new stages to shoot this time around.

Things felt pretty good on all but two stages where I had some minor melt-down. Stage 4 was my first stage of the day and I was pretty rusty so it took a bit to get going, then on Stage 3 where we finished up I think I was just tired and lost focus on my front sight. I just don't have the stamina to keep things together for a long match.

I do want to thank the squads I RO'd yesterday. You guys were an awesome group, and it was lots of fun watching you shoot. I think you guys certainly qualified as the "Super Squad"! Can't wait to see the results to see how it all shakes out...

-Cuz.

Thanks to the folks at Wallum Lake for another awesome match. Was a little worried about the weather (thunder and lightning and all that steel doesn't sound like fun) but we wound up with a perfect day. Brought a first-timer (total newbie to any kind of competition) with me and this was the perfect match to get him hooked! And of course, our favorite r.o. Rich kept things lively.

But.....I thought it was supposed to be stationary steel until you hit it??? Why was it moving????? [rofl]

I do Mike but you'll just have to wait like the rest of the shooters. Sorry bud.

Scores are almost finished actually. Just need to double check before I post the preliminary results.

I would like to say that I too think this was the best WOS match to date. The shooters were great, had some very minor problems with targets breaking but were able to fix them in pretty short time I thought.

Can't thank the setup crew and maintenance crew and RO's and sponsors enough. It is a tough match to setup and keep running smoothly throughout the four days of shooting. The steel really took a beating this year. I have to say I think we have some of the best people I could ever ask for helping to keep it all going.

Thanks again to all shooters and for all of the great compliments we have received so far. Without the shooters there wouldn't be a Walls of Steel. You folks really are the best.

Jim

Jim, just wanted to thank you for letting my brother walk-in at the last minute. Also, I would like to thank the kind ROs for helping him out when he had trouble knocking the steel down. That's why I absolutely love this match! Sure there's the competition aspect, but it's more of hanging out with some great folks and having a good time (and using a lot of ammo [grin]). And I gotta say that this is probably one of the only matches that I actually enjoy resetting the targets! :)

Another gold star sticker for the Walls of Steel Gang! A+

Once again, I had an awesome time and some good laughs too. This was probably the most challenging WOS I have shot to date. Jim - put some grease on those sliders will ya?? [wink] Had a great squad in the AM shooting irons and again later in the day shooting open. And Cuz was exceptional in his RO duties.

Thanks for all your hard work guys!!! Looking forward to next year (and the scores)

I will get some vids posted soon.

ETA:
Open gun vids are up
http://www.youtube.com/user/whitey627?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/sfS1DY2m61s

Last edited:
I hope the vagaries of calendar work out and WoS doesn't conflict with NER-IDPA next year. I really want to try this match.

Back
Top Bottom