• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2011 Walls of Steel Match

Can't wait to see them Jim. This will be my first year attending. I'm up for some side matches, just need to know what it is so I borrow the correct equipment.

We already have the shotgun side match Ken. Three targets as fast as you can with either a semi-auto or a pump. Three runs for $10.

Thinking of doing pretty much the same for .22 with a few more targets.

Fastest times win of course with a 50% payback to the shooters. Lewis Class scoring.

And I will have both an iron sight and a red dot in .22 for anyone that would like to give it a shot.

Last edited:
Well I for one can't wait for this weekend. Ya just keep BLASTING away till it's all down.

-Cuz

I got your blast right here
Dave

howaglockworks.gif

Is that a yay or a nay Larry?
Missed you yesterday.

Sorry Jim, family issues kept me away. I really wanted to get out there and get my son some practice but it just wasn't meant to be. The .22 match sounds fun. If you run it, me and my son will shoot it...

See you Sat morning.
-Cuz

I got your blast right here
Dave
/QUOTE]

Dave, now that was funny. If I didn't see one blow up last year in New Bedford I'd deny it was possible, but there's too much evidence to the contrary. Just try not to bash them too much in from of my kid this weekend. I don't want to have him second guessing all the cool guns he's going to inherit... :)

-Cuz

.22 side match, hell ya!

Shane, thanks for the heads up on the .22 side match. I'll throw one of them in the bag as well.

Lets see;
Stock auto, check.
Open auto, check.
Pump shotgun, check.
Semi-auto shotgun, check.
.22 pistol. check.

Boy, the baby stroller is going to get a workout this Friday! [grin]

Jim, you might want to put something on the WOS website about the .22 side match. Not everyone comes here on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Jim, you might want to put something on the WOS website about the .22 side match. Not everyone comes here on a regular basis.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir! Done!

Kimber45

Jim, you might want to put something on the WOS website about the .22 side match. Not everyone comes here on a regular basis.

Thank you sir! Done!

Kimber45[/QUOTE]

Hey Jim ?? I checked the website, I was just wondering, will I be able to shoot this .22 side match
with my 6 shot S&W 617 or would it be better to bring along one of those new fangled semi-autos
in case I need to re-load quick [wink]

You mentioned "a few more targets" than the shotgun side, I was just wondering how many targets ?

From the update on the web site Jim mentioned. Six targets. Just don't miss. [grin]

Side Match

Just added!

We now have a .22 handgun side match besides the shotgun side match.

Same format. Three runs for $10 with a Lewis Class payout.

Six targets. Can shoot iron or open sights. Guns and ammo will be supplied for those who do not have it.

"Hey Jim ?? I checked the website, I was just wondering, will I be able to shoot this .22 side match
with my 6 shot S&W 617 or would it be better to bring along one of those new fangled semi-autos
in case I need to re-load quick

You mentioned "a few more targets" than the shotgun side, I was just wondering how many targets ? "

Dave, there are only six targets for the .22 handgun sidematch so that's fine.

I have pics of this years stages. Anyone want to see them now or should I keep you all in suspense?

Kimber45

"Hey Jim ?? I checked the website, I was just wondering, will I be able to shoot this .22 side match
in case I need to re-load quick

You mentioned "a few more targets" than the shotgun side, I was just wondering how many targets ? "

Dave, there are only six targets for the .22 handgun sidematch so that's fine.

I have pics of this years stages. Anyone want to see them now or should I keep you all in suspense?

Kimber45

I really should learn to read betterer, Thanks for the info !

And afa the pic's !! here or on the web page, just let us know which !

I'm shooting tomorrow morning. My 1st time. I'm thinking I'll fall in to the bottom 25% of shooters.

Well those look awsome ! ! and hey, I didn't notice those pesky little triangles [wink]
I guess I won't need my prescription glasses this year.
Ya right, going to the range today to really check the sights [grin]

Dan, have you ever shot this match ?

OH !! I know where the triagles went.....the .22 side match I'll bet [smile]

Back
Top Bottom