• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2011 S&W Indoor Nationals: My brother and I met some average joes today...

Congrats Hanwei on the raffle. I was like De, got just bills in the mail today, nothing more.
I did however take 2nd in SSP for a bump to EX. I couldn't make the banquet, but they are mailing my trophy.

Car excise tax bill. No sights, gun certificates, ammo or anything fun.
Unless I won pre-approval for a Capital One card, I'm in the same boat.

Congrats Hanwei on the raffle. I was like De, got just bills in the mail today, nothing more.
I did however take 2nd in SSP for a bump to EX. I couldn't make the banquet, but they are mailing my trophy.

Congats!

The FTF's were not fun. I tried 3 different types of ammo. It got to the point where I was just waiting for the jams. The only stage that it didn't effect my score was stage 4, it actually still FTF'd but after my last round was fired and this was the only stage that was shot clean.

How about stage 8- weak hand only , flash light in strong hand- 2- 2- 2- seems easy, should do it easily < 10 seconds. Fired 1st shot gun jams, now I'm thinking, hmmm I haven't practiced this one yet,
tick tick tick
take my time, try to tap rack backwards
tick tick tick
not going to well
finally have to put my light down transfer gun to strong hand
tick tick tick
can not clear it
now I'm wondering am I breaking any rules by holding the gun in my strong hand
tick tick tick
ask the SO if ok to drop mag
I do a tact reload
move gun back to weak hand
get the light
take 2 more shots and gun jams again
so I start all over again...

I wanted to just throw the gun into the trash bin.

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing you talking to one of your shooting mates at the match (maybe while eating lunch or something?) about the FTF you had on the last round on Stage 4.

Not to get too off topic from the thread... but I also have a gen4 17 and had FTF issues with the original spring. After getting an 02 spring the issues went away and it is now 100%. Do you know what spring you had in the gun? Definitely get the 02 spring if you don't have it. It'll most likely solve your problems.

So does this mean you are going to go CDP now?

..please?

Good idea- go for 2 Gun Master!

I think ESP is next for me... I'll make the switch eventually [smile]

Congrats!!! Nice work.

Thank you, sir [grin]

Hanwei- I did have the 02-1 spring sent to me and that is what I was using at SW. As of yesterday Glock hadn't looked at my gun, so I am not sure if there is some other problem or not. It seems weird that I continued to have problems even with the 02-1 spring.

I want to shoot SSP, so if Glock doesn't find anything else wrong with the gun then I will have to do something to it.

I could get this reducing bushing, so that I can use a gen 3 recoil spring: http://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=156838&CAT=3694

Or, I would get the Jager polymer guide rod and then just use aftermarket springs. Anyone have any experience with the above reducing bushing?

Hanwei- I did have the 02-1 spring sent to me and that is what I was using at SW. As of yesterday Glock hadn't looked at my gun, so I am not sure if there is some other problem or not. It seems weird that I continued to have problems even with the 02-1 spring.

I've seen reliable reports that some Gen4s have unknown problems, that Glock is "studying". Don't know what the problem is, how widespread it is, or if they have a solution.

I want to shoot SSP, so if Glock doesn't find anything else wrong with the gun then I will have to do something to it.

I could get this reducing bushing, so that I can use a gen 3 recoil spring: http://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=156838&CAT=3694

Or, I would get the Jager polymer guide rod and then just use aftermarket springs. Anyone have any experience with the above reducing bushing?

Thanks for the update. My Gen4 17 FTE issues were fixed with the 02 spring. I now also have the 02-1 spring. I have yet to take the 02-1 to the range though. I will see how that one does.

Definitely update us when you know more from Glock.

Problem is that the grip circumference is just a bit too big for me.

I'm kinda half joking on Steve- half serious. Gun problems like that suck and annoy the crap out of me. I don't think you have smaller hands than I do. What I give up in perfect fit is more than compensated in other ways with the Glock Gen 3s IMO.

Back
Top Bottom