• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2011 S&W Indoor Nationals: My brother and I met some average joes today...

You guys are killing me. Anyone know who I need to contact? Who was running the raffle? [grin]

Good question... I wonder if they just gave it to someone else that was actually there?? lol I'd contact Julie Golobsky- she'd know who to contact.

Give them a few days, this will be the first day off in 7 for a lot of us working the match, they will come thru.
It was the regular raffle during the dinner.
I am 99% sure it was a Glock because we all said the poor guy lives in Cambridge and he won a gun he will have to jump thru hoops to get.

Give them a few days, this will be the first day off in 7 for a lot of us working the match, they will come thru.
I am 99% sure it was a Glock because we all said the poor guy lives in Cambridge and he won a gun he will have to jump thru hoops to get.

Great point- you and the team working the match must be wiped out. I shot one day and am tired. Thanks to you and everyone else that helped run the match!

I'm not really worried about them contacting me. I'm sure they will. If it's a glock I'll have a hoop or two to jump through. But I don't think the town I live in has anything to do with it. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

And of course, thanks for working the match. It was a great time.
They announced your name and hometown.
We(our table) were commenting that it is bad enough we live in (Western) MA, your hometown has got to be less gun "friendly".
Add the Glock issues we face as residence and that is why it stuck with me.

It was the smoothest S & W NAts in a few years for us workers, most got ample chance to shoot.
Not to make this a total highjack but feedback regarding the match(not the CSO's calls) may translate to next years experience.

My only suggestion would be stages 6-8. Nice crew working it but I it would of been nice to allow the next shooter in the room to watch the stages. The walkthrough was a bit rushed, the stages weren't in order and didn't match what was in the book. Can you guess which stages I blew?

No way. Don't mess with me like that. You serious? Details PLEASE!

i heard you won a custom M&P 9 Pro...

wbqkv9.jpg

Last edited:
They announced your name and hometown.
We(our table) were commenting that it is bad enough we live in (Western) MA, your hometown has got to be less gun "friendly".
Add the Glock issues we face as residence and that is why it stuck with me.

Gotcha. And you aren't wrong about Cambridge [wink]

Set up a new thread... I'll give feedback.

Agreed. I'd be happy to leave feedback in a new thread.

scores are up!

Nice job everyone [grin]

Thanks for the replies guys. I'd like to hear what you learn at the course, M1911, if you remember.
I asked at the course. In the opinion of Steve Moysey (SO instructor) and Peter ? (an SO helping out), there is no doubt that I earned that procedural. And the more I think about it, the more I agree with them. I left cover with an empty gun. It may have been unintentional, but I still did it.

I don't know that I correctly described what happened to Underwhere, but if I did correctly describe what he did, and he never left cover, then their opinion was that what he did was not a procedural. Perhaps I didn't understand what he did or didn't clearly explain it...

Today I had a box delivered from Fedex sitting on my front porch. I looked at the shipping label and it was from S&W...?

Got it inside and opened the box and inside was a ... Trijicon RM02 !!! These things cost serious $$$.
RM02.jpg

This is a very nice surprise after my new Glock gen 4 had FTF's on every single stage at the match. The G17 should be hitting Smyrna tomorrow, hopefully they can figure out what is going on with it.

I believe this is the first time in my life I've won a raffle type thing. Pretty sweet.

The FTF's were not fun. I tried 3 different types of ammo. It got to the point where I was just waiting for the jams. The only stage that it didn't effect my score was stage 4, it actually still FTF'd but after my last round was fired and this was the only stage that was shot clean.

How about stage 8- weak hand only , flash light in strong hand- 2- 2- 2- seems easy, should do it easily < 10 seconds. Fired 1st shot gun jams, now I'm thinking, hmmm I haven't practiced this one yet,
tick tick tick
take my time, try to tap rack backwards
tick tick tick
not going to well
finally have to put my light down transfer gun to strong hand
tick tick tick
can not clear it
now I'm wondering am I breaking any rules by holding the gun in my strong hand
tick tick tick
ask the SO if ok to drop mag
I do a tact reload
move gun back to weak hand
get the light
take 2 more shots and gun jams again
so I start all over again...

I wanted to just throw the gun into the trash bin.

Today I had a box delivered from Fedex sitting on my front porch. I looked at the shipping label and it was from S&W...?

Got it inside and opened the box and inside was a ... Trijicon RM02 !!! These things cost serious $$$.
RM02.jpg

This is a very nice surprise after my new Glock gen 4 had FTF's on every single stage at the match. The G17 should be hitting Smyrna tomorrow, hopefully they can figure out what is going on with it.

Nice score!

I'm going to run home and check my mailbox but it's likely full of bills.

The FTF's were not fun. I tried 3 different types of ammo. It got to the point where I was just waiting for the jams. The only stage that it didn't effect my score was stage 4, it actually still FTF'd but after my last round was fired and this was the only stage that was shot clean.

How about stage 8- weak hand only , flash light in strong hand- 2- 2- 2- seems easy, should do it easily < 10 seconds. Fired 1st shot gun jams, now I'm thinking, hmmm I haven't practiced this one yet,
tick tick tick
take my time, try to tap rack backwards
tick tick tick
not going to well
finally have to put my light down transfer gun to strong hand
tick tick tick
can not clear it
now I'm wondering am I breaking any rules by holding the gun in my strong hand
tick tick tick
ask the SO if ok to drop mag
I do a tact reload
move gun back to weak hand
get the light
take 2 more shots and gun jams again
so I start all over again...

I wanted to just throw the gun into the trash bin.

If they can't get it fixed- go back the the Gen 3.

Back
Top Bottom