• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2011 New England Regional IDPA Championship

MATCH IS FULL

2011 New England Regional IDPA Championship hosted for the 3rd time by MetroWest Tactical Harvard Sportsmen’s Club.

Sat-Sun, 20-21 August 2011 Harvard, MA

SCHEDULE:

Saturday: Registration starts at 7:45 am (in Clubhouse)
Shooters meeting at 8:30 am (in Clubhouse)
First shots at 9:00 am

Sunday: Registration starts at 8:45 am (in Clubhouse)
Shooters meeting at 9:30 am (in Clubhouse)
First shots at 10:00 am

12 action packed stages

• Match Details
  • Sanctioned match ($95.00 match fee)
  • Trophy awards
  • 10 outdoor + 2 indoor low-light stages (flashlight required)
  • 185 Rounds min, bring 250+ rounds
  • Full-Day Format
  • Lunch available for purchase on-site from a caterer, we will not stop the match for a lunch break.

For more information e-mail:
[email protected]

Registration

Registration starts on 1 May 2011 at www.matchreg.com

Sponsors

These fine companies support our sport, please support our sponsors!
Ruger
NSSF
Sig Sauer
Down Range Firearms Training
State Line Gun Shop
10-8 Performance
Weapon Icongraphy
JR Muff Sweats

Local Hotel Info
Holiday Inn BOXBOROUGH (I-495 EXIT 28) 4 Miles from the Club
242 ADAMS PLACE
BOXBOROUGH, MA 01719 UNITED STATES
Hotel Front Desk: 1-978-2638701

Motel 6 Leominster 11 Miles from the Club
48 Commercial Road
SR 2 at Mead Street/Haws Street, Exit 32
Leominster, MA, 01453
Phone: (978) 537-8161

Last edited:
Dumb newbie question: Are spectators allowed to attend? I'm interested in participating in IDPA down the road and would like to check it out.

Spectators are always welcome- just be sure to bring eye and ear protection. Better yet bring your gear and go to a practice- easy to jump in at your own pace.

Thanks for the info! Alas, my paperwork is taking its sweet time winding its way through the PD so I lack my LTC. :( I'm going to try to come out and see what this IDPA thing is about.

AM

Another noob question... do you have to qualify?
For sanctioned matches, you have to be classified in the division that you are competing in. You get classified by competing in a classifier match.

You do not need to be classified to compete in a club match, and there are club matches several times a month (at Harvard, Worcester, New Bedford, etc.). Most club matches do not require preregistration. Just show up.

Folks- as last year:

SCHEDULE: Saturday: Registration starts at 7:45 am (in Clubhouse)

Folks- as last year:

SCHEDULE: Saturday: Registration starts at 7:45 am (in Clubhouse)

Holy crap is that early.....

Holy crap is that early.....

Yeah- I'm not a morning person either. :( We have 60 people on Saturday and 48 on Sunday to go thru 12 action packed stages. It should go pretty quick I think- The more shooting we can get finished in the AM the better we all will be wrt the August heat!

Hello everyone. Looks like NER 2011 might be affected by a road closure. Please read the following and let your friends and friends of friends know that are attending. This is the latest information we have, it is unknown if road will be closed during the weekend.

WHITCOMB AVENUE (LITTLETON COUNTY ROAD) CLOSING
**** LATEST STUFF WE’VE HEARD ******

Construction work is slated to begin very soon on the roadway to HSC from the “Littleton Side.” The work will begin almost immediately adjacent to the HSC property line, so there is no way around it from the Littleton Side of Whitcomb Ave.

The current proposal includes closing the roadway beginning AUGUST 15, MONDAY with blasting beginning the following day. Reports currently indicate that the road will be closed on weekdays. Does this mean that the road will be open on weekends? Let’s hope this is true.

The project has no scheduled end-date, but expectations exceed two weeks. We will keep you posted as we learn more.

Please be prepared to take the alternate route through Harvard from the Route 111 end.
Take Exit 28 from I-495.
Head west on Route 111.
Go through traffic lights at Swanson Road,
Turn right onto Littleton County Road.
Stay right with Littleton County Road at Oak Hill Road split.
Continue approximately 1.8 miles to HSC on right.

If you normally travel on Route 2 to Exit 39, Taylor Street, you will want to get on I-495 Southbound and travel 1 exit south to Exit 28, Route 111. Then proceed as above.

Road update.

Yesterday 8/16/11 the road was closed from 7-5PM. I spoke with the LEO on traffic detail, he made the statement that the road will be closed 7-5PM M-F. A statement was made that the road crew will not be working on weekends, and the road would be "passible" during the weekends. And this is what we are hoping for!!

However..... I made a quick video of the alternate route from 495 to 111 to compliment the directions.

Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend. Stage setup has begun :)

WHITCOMB AVENUE (LITTLETON COUNTY ROAD) CLOSING
**** LATEST STUFF WE’VE HEARD ******

Construction work is slated to begin very soon on the roadway to HSC from the “Littleton Side.” The work will begin almost immediately adjacent to the HSC property line, so there is no way around it from the Littleton Side of Whitcomb Ave.

The current proposal includes closing the roadway beginning AUGUST 15, MONDAY with blasting beginning the following day. Reports currently indicate that the road will be closed on weekdays. Does this mean that the road will be open on weekends? Let’s hope this is true.

Please be prepared to take the alternate route through Harvard from the Route 111 end.
Take Exit 28 from I-495.
Head west on Route 111.
Go through traffic lights at Swanson Road,
Turn right onto Littleton County Road.
Stay right with Littleton County Road at Oak Hill Road split.
Continue approximately 1.8 miles to HSC on right.

Last edited by a moderator:
** URGENT **

Cleaning my Sig 226p (9mm) and the recoil spring just snapped into 2 pieces and I'm shooting tomorrow. Does anyone own a 226 and would be willing to bring the recoil spring to the match tomorrow so I use for the day?

Thanks,
Brian

I'll throw one in my bag. If you still need it you can use it.

** URGENT **

Cleaning my Sig 226p (9mm) and the recoil spring just snapped into 2 pieces and I'm shooting tomorrow. Does anyone own a 226 and would be willing to bring the recoil spring to the match tomorrow so I use for the day?

Thanks,
Brian

** URGENT **

Thanks,
Brian

I have extra 232 recoil springs. P232 / .380 they may work. I will bring as backup if they fit

Pics from Saturday. Thanks SO'S

Here are a few pics from Saturday.

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

Great match! It was VERY well run... smooth with no real bottlenecks. Thanks again to the SO's and MD!

H

Sad to be missing it. Next year I will work it and shoot. I think this thing was sold out before I had even tried IDPA.

Great match today - and a tough one! I've never shot an IDPA match with such a large variety of shots and positions. This match really had it all.

You guys raised the bar - outstanding job.

Ditto to what Hanwei and scottb said. This was by far the most mentally challenging match I've shot. Lots of great stages, great staff, and a fun day. Good luck to those shooting tomorrow.

Great match.
I am exhausted. People working it must feel worse.

I think my overall time was 283.53 (without double checking my math)

Back
Top Bottom