2011 New England Patriots Megathread

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Once again the NFL caters to the patsies and princess tom. There was no foul on that hit by Fletcher.
shouldn't have been a penalty on the INT by the pats either. carter can't help his momentum and mass made him fall towards the ground so fast he hit Grossman's legs below the knee.

dixidawg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
But there was on the roughing the passer call that nullified the int?`

EDIE: Looks like Penny Pincher beat me to it.

And the announcers didn't say a word about it....

ntomsw

Banned
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
A 4-8 team and they barely make it out with a win. Pretty pathetic. When they get into the playoffs, and start playing much better teams, their defense better find a way to start playing a lot better football, or it will be like the last 2 years, 1st game and out with a loss. If it wasn't for Tom, and a few receivers, this team would be 0-13. Their defense is an embarrassment. When are they going to cut ties with Chad Johnson anyway??? What a waste of a contract. What does he have, like 100 yards all year?? Gronk should be a candidate for MVP IMHO. He is having an AMAZING year. Good for him.

Last edited:

ntomsw

Banned
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Is a teams record your gauge for excellence? They barely beat the worst team in the NFL.

???? NO. I am stating that a suck ass team with a 4-8 record, and the Pats could barely, I mean barely sneak out with a win. Pathetic. If we didn't have that interception, they most likely would have scored, and could have gone 2 points, and the game would be over. That is saying a lot, but it could have happened. The offense can only carry this defense for so long, before the whole team breaks. Thanks Bill, thank you.

yanici

NES Member
Rating - 97.2%
35   1   0
Don't know what Tommy was thinkin' when he threw that last interception. No need to force that in there like that with so little time left. A field goal would have put the Pats up by 10 and then the Hogs woulda needed two scores. No wonder that coach was shouting at him on the bench. I was shouting at him in front of my TV. This was not one of his better games.

Congrats to Gronk.

Maxpower

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
???? NO. I am stating that a suck ass team with a 4-8 record, and the Pats could barely, I mean barely sneak out with a win. Pathetic. If we didn't have that interception, they most likely would have scored, and could have gone 2 points, and the game would be over. That is saying a lot, but it could have happened. The offense can only carry this defense for so long, before the whole team breaks. Thanks Bill, thank you.
They have been sneaking wins the entire season.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes, and they can't expect to continue winning like that. Especially against teams like, Ravens, Steelers, Saints, etc etc etc etc
Why not? The Packers won the superbowl last year doing the exact same thing. As for their defense I don't know why everyone bashes them they give of a ton of yards but don't give up that many points. Statistically they are about equal with the Packers(with exception to the game going on now) yet no one is saying that the Packers can't repeat because of their bad defense. The Packers and Patriots are very similar teams, yet one is favorite to win the Superbowl and the other one will not go far in the playoff. The Packers have had their fair share of close wins this season too. The playoffs are COMPLETELY different from the regular season, you can throw regular season records and statistics away because they don't mean anything once January comes around.

ntomsw

Banned
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Why not? The Packers won the superbowl last year doing the exact same thing. As for their defense I don't know why everyone bashes them they give of a ton of yards but don't give up that many points. Statistically they are about equal with the Packers(with exception to the game going on now) yet no one is saying that the Packers can't repeat because of their bad defense. The Packers and Patriots are very similar teams, yet one is favorite to win the Superbowl and the other one will not go far in the playoff. The Packers have had their fair share of close wins this season too. The playoffs are COMPLETELY different from the regular season, you can throw regular season records and statistics away because they don't mean anything once January comes around.

People can read into what that argument on the sidelines was all about between Tom and Bill O, but we all know that some level of frustration has to be brewing between the offense and defense. Tom and the offense HAS TO put up 30+ points a game, even against some of the worst teams in the league, because their defense is so bad. That has to and is going to wear on them at some point. Again, that offense can only carry the defense so far. Eventually the defense has to step up and play better then what they are playing. The Pats are not going to out score everyone every week. Just not going to happen. That showed in losses to The Steelers, etc. Julian Edelman and Matthew Slater can only play "defense" so much. Give me a break.

Same goes for "the great packers", as everyone has declared them the best ever. Eventually Aaron will have a bad game and they will lose. These defenses have to get better.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes, and they can't expect to continue winning like that. Especially against teams like, Ravens, Steelers, Saints, etc etc etc etc
The can continue winning like that. They've beaten the Jets and Raiders. They play the Broncos next week. The Steelers was a one score game right to the end. All of these are teams that are likely to make the playoffs. The teams likely to make the playoffs for the AFC are at best tied with the Patriots in net points (Points scored - points scored by opponents), and at the end of the game, net points is the only statistic that matters.

ntomsw

Banned
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
The can continue winning like that. They've beaten the Jets and Raiders. They play the Broncos next week. The Steelers was a one score game right to the end. All of these are teams that are likely to make the playoffs. The teams likely to make the playoffs for the AFC are at best tied with the Patriots in net points (Points scored - points scored by opponents), and at the end of the game, net points is the only statistic that matters.

They beat the Raiders??? [rofl] Ok, let me be the first to anoint them Superbowl champions. [rofl] The raiders suck, and haven't even showed up for their last 2 games!!! [rofl]

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They beat the Raiders??? [rofl] Ok, let me be the first to anoint them Superbowl champions. [rofl] The raiders suck, and haven't even showed up for their last 2 games!!! [rofl]
Raiders are still in the wildcard hunt if they don't take the AFC West. The wildcard for the AFC is going to be between the loser of the Ravens-Steelers in the AFC North, the loser of the Raiders-Broncos in the west (SD still has a very slim posibility as well), the Jets and the Titans. If the Raiders don't overtake the Broncos in the West and the Jets win out then the Raiders are irrellevent, but they are at this point still a playoff contender as of now.

Top Bottom