2011 New England Patriots Megathread

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Since Football season is officially under way, thought I'd break some news for those not following:

Pats and Redskins agree to trade of Albert Haynesworth. Before you say we overpaid for the guy, a few key notes. We give up a 5th Round pick in 2013 and only responsible for $5M of his contract, and none of the money is guaranteed. Low Risk-High Reward type trade here.

Pats also signed Sammy Morris to a 1 yr deal, as well as the TE they drafted. Good chance the pats are gonna carry 4 TE's (1 pure pass catcher (Hernandez) 1 Ditka-esque (Gronk) and the 2 excellent blockers (Crumpler and Smith).

I am really curious to see how Mallet does, still can't believe the Pats got this guy so late.

Today I'm gonna head out to watch the Jags practice (I'm about 10mins or so from the Stadium). I will try and post some pics when I get back (going to the 7pm when there will be festivities).

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Anyone know anything about Ochocinco? Heard he really wanted to play for the Pats.
He also said he really wants to stay in Cincy. I don't think he would do well here, loves to showboat WAY to much. Out of T.O, Ocho and Moss..........Moss is the one who could be a team first kind of player, the other two have almost always been 'me first and if I suck its because of someone else'.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Wild, Wonderfull West Virginia! FREE AT LAST!!
Well, you got him.
And Fat Albert Hainesworth!
Since escaping to WV, all I've done is listen to DC Sports and "Skins fans talk about what a lazy, useless pant-load AH is.
I have remained a steadfast Pats guy, but man, are they making it tough to defend these moves!
I hope Bill has a plan for these guys.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Anyone know anything about Ochocinco? Heard he really wanted to play for the Pats.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/28/ochocinco-hints-hes-heading-to-the-patriots/

Well, you got him.
Since escaping to WV, all I've done is listen to DC Sports and "Skins fans talk about what a lazy, useless pant-load AH is.
I have remained a steadfast Pats guy, but man, are they making it tough to defend these moves!
He is a steal for a 5th round pick. In Washington he didnt want to play nosetackle. They tried to force him. Shanahan was as much at fault for breaking promises that he would not make him do that. In NE he wont have to, he will be next to wilfork. I cant imagine a line of Ty Warren, Wilfork, and Hanesworth. Insane if he is motivated and behaves!!!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Well, you got him.
Its only costing us a 5th round draft pick and only on the hook for $5M this season. Given what this guy is capable of, you want to pass on him with such a low cost to the team? Also, look at the atmosphere he had to play in. The way Snyder runs that team is a joke, I honestly think one main qualification to get a coaching job there is be related to a current coach. They fired one of the few coaches that gave them a winning season! When your owner pretty much more concerned with bilking his fans for every cent he can, who's only care about a player/coach is how famous they are and not about winning, that kind of permeates itself into a team's mood and such.

Hell, the QB that lead them to the playoffs last time was cut for Jeff George!

For the cost we payed for him, I'd take a shot at him, and BB has no problems cutting/trading a player who is a problem child.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much assured that ochocinco is coming to town now. I wonder his this will turn out.
Anyone know if he has to change his name with a new number?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/28/ochocinco-hints-hes-heading-to-the-patriots/

He is a steal for a 5th round pick. In Washington he didnt want to play nosetackle. They tried to force him. Shanahan was as much at fault for breaking promises that he would not make him do that. In NE he wont have to, he will be next to wilfork. I cant imagine a line of Ty Warren, Wilfork, and Hanesworth. Insane if he is motivated and behaves!!!
Will be curious to see, the guy is a media whore and wouldn't be surprised he IM'd that, knowing it would be put in the public view to try and give himself a bit of leverage with the Bengals. Not dismissing the aspect, but would believe it when I see it.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Both of these moves are outstanding!

Belichick's been a fan of Chad Johnson's for years, and vice versa. This will be another RM situation for a couple years.

Absolutely nothing to lose with Haynesworth, all upside, He's an animal and the Pats play less than 50% in the 3-4. He'll be well rested, and nasty as shit!

I'm Friggin' thrilled!! Great news!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
yup ocho will be a partiot. Fat albert will have to earn

his way, no money till he makes the team. heard Matt

Lite will be going to Pittsburg, nice place for him to retire.

we all know Belechik well enough that if fat Al screws

up he will be gone.... Shanahan wouldn't put up with

him.

JimB

yanici

NES Member
Rating - 97.2%
35   1   0
I'm definately happy to see 85 coming here. Brady will be too. He's gonna be fun on and off the field. Hope he has some gas left in his tank. He's 33 years old.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Was listening to the skinny dude w/ glasses on ESPN. He made a great comment about BB and his staff, they only put players in positions so they succeed. Haynesworth may only play 30-35 snaps a game, but those snaps he could very well be a monster. Same goes with Ocho.

I am curious how much of Ocho's showboating 'look at me' crap BB will tolerate.

el duderino

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well it seems Warren and Crumpler are cut, and Warrens text to the herald sports staff may indicate theyre changing defensive schemes which might be exactly what this team needs

“I appreciate the Pats through the years,” Warren told the Herald. “They’re doing some things defensively and choose to go in a different direction. I thank the Krafts for the opportunity and drafting me in 2003. It was a pleasure. I will be moving on to bigger and better things. We are sorting out and will look forward to wearing a contending NFL team jersey this fall.”
They also cut Kaczur from the O line because he wouldnt take a paycut.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Haynesworth still hasn't been seen at practice (but unsure when he can practice) and seems Chad is buying into the system. The guy is NOTORIOUS for his tweets, I think he has had maybe 5 since coming here.

The fact he was the one who let it known he wanted to come and play here, knowing how Bill and Tom operate the team, he knew his showboating stuff was not going to be tolerated much.

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
The lockout really effed things up for everybody. Now, getting up to speed will need to be done AFAP which is going to leave a bunch of guys with hammy/knee issues.

Hockey and football are tied in my passion for the pain of others and I hope this season provides a lot for everyones enjoyment.

Let the games begin.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Jets signed Plexico and apparently after Todd Heap now. Of bigger news is the Jets made an offer to Cromartie and has not signed their offer, apparently insulted at being Option No. 2 after Aso. Should be interesting to see what happens now for their secondary, may be forced to start their draft pick from last year.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

This, he's too tall to play nose, he's not a gap filler he's more of a pass rusher, his contract is mostly incentive, last time he played for a contract or to up his $ he had like 8 sacks, plus he'll be playing on the edge, and will some time be lined up outside, without having seen him play a snap in red white and blue, I like the pickup.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm definately happy to see 85 coming here. Brady will be too. He's gonna be fun on and off the field. Hope he has some gas left in his tank. He's 33 years old.
what is Johnson's role on the team? with a million tight ends and 83, the Patriots don't need anyone else to run routes over the middle or underneath, and Johnson isn't a big deep ball threat, seems like a stretch to find him a role on the offense. I hope someone has plans for him at this point and they're not just going try to build a system around him. Not saying it won't work but they're are some un answered questions.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
what is Johnson's role on the team? with a million tight ends and 83, the Patriots don't need anyone else to run routes over the middle or underneath, and Johnson isn't a big deep ball threat, seems like a stretch to find him a role on the offense. I hope someone has plans for him at this point and they're not just going try to build a system around him. Not saying it won't work but they're are some un answered questions.
For one, the guy has a Jerry Rice-like dedication to his position, training and prep. I'd love to have him on a team to teach my younger players such habits. Time will tell, for one thing he is one of the tallest receivers we have. May not be a deep ball threat, but is def. a jump ball one.

el duderino

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The lockout really effed things up for everybody. Now, getting up to speed will need to be done AFAP which is going to leave a bunch of guys with hammy/knee issues.

Hockey and football are tied in my passion for the pain of others and I hope this season provides a lot for everyones enjoyment.

Let the games begin.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.
Yea, I dont get that, why was there guys waiting til now to get their surgery done? Expecting the team to pay for it? It should have been taken care of back in march so they were ready to go soon as the lockout was over.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Looks like the team is going to go from a 3-4 to a 4-3 Defense. That means we got Wil and Al as the interior linemen and that is gonna be a problem since both would probably warrant double team coverage. That means our edge guys can get into the backfield.

Also, during practice Al was just blowing up guys 1on1 and is playing in a style/scheme that he just excels in. A few times the fans erupted in cheers for him working hard and chanting his name, he waived. I have a big feeling Al will learn if you bust your ass the fans will love you (ask Teddy) or if you dog it, they want (Just ask Adelius).

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Read this guy's post for some seriously awesome analysis:

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=1711654#post1711654

Looks like the team is going to go from a 3-4 to a 4-3 Defense. That means we got Wil and Al as the interior linemen and that is gonna be a problem since both would probably warrant double team coverage. That means our edge guys can get into the backfield.

Also, during practice Al was just blowing up guys 1on1 and is playing in a style/scheme that he just excels in. A few times the fans erupted in cheers for him working hard and chanting his name, he waived. I have a big feeling Al will learn if you bust your ass the fans will love you (ask Teddy) or if you dog it, they want (Just ask Adelius).

Top Bottom