2010 New England Region IDPA Match, August 14-15- Registraton is open!

Folks,

Registration for the New England Regional IDPA match will start on 4/21 at www.matchreg.com This match will be hosted on August 14-15 by MetroWest Tactical at the Harvard Sportsmen's Club with help from many of our local friends from other clubs. Cost is $95 and will be 14 stages including 2 indoor low/no-light, 157 minimum round count and one day format. Note- due to shooter feedback, lunch will not be included, nor will we stop for lunch, but food will be available for purchase.

Match will be run per IDPA rules and all shooters must be classified in the division they are competing in within one year of this match (unless Master classification).

Please join us!

SCHEDULE:

Saturday: Registration starts at 7:45 am (in Clubhouse)
Shooters meeting at 8:30 am (in Clubhouse)
First shots at 9:00 am

Sunday: Registration starts at 8:45 am (in Clubhouse)
Shooters meeting at 9:30 am (in Clubhouse)
First shots at 10:00 am

AMD

Last edited:
Probably going to miss this one, sadly. Getting married the week afterward, and expect to have tons to do.

Probably going to miss this one, sadly. Getting married the week afterward, and expect to have tons to do.

You will be spending the rest of your life with this person. This match only happens once a year. Better lay down the law now or you'll be in trouble.

You will be spending the rest of your life with this person. This match only happens once a year. Better lay down the law now or you'll be in trouble.

Too late.

Going to try to work out wedding scheduling tonight. If there are still slots (staff?) open, I may be in.

"Wedding...open slots...staff...work out" Darn it! There's a joke in here if I can just get all the damn pieces assembled correctly.

[laugh2]

Tune in later for my "Assembling a wedding Joke... it's ON!" thread under the Build It Yourself forum.

Uh oh, here's a question: Can an unclassified shooter register? I will be classified by the time of the match, but am not right now.

Yes, there's a choice for unclassified in the registration page. You can go back and change it later under 'my shooter profile'. If you change it late, I'd double check with Mike Critser at the stats table at the match to make sure it made it through.

Uh oh, here's a question: Can an unclassified shooter register? I will be classified by the time of the match, but am not right now.

You need to be classified to compete in the match, and, if there is an option to register as "Unclassified" go ahead a do it now to secure your slot. You can then go back at anytime and update your shooter profile. This is frequently done when shooters decide to change what division they are going to shoot, or if they get bumped up in classification. At some point close to the match the Chief Statistician will close off registration and he will print up labels with each shooters division and classification. He will also check with the IDPA website to make sure that you have current membership and have classified in your registered division within the last year. So, as long as you get classified before the match you should be all set.

Metrowest Tactical is hosting a classifier match on Saturday, May 1st. $20 to classify with only one gun and $25 to go through the classifier twice. The match director of that match, David Ritchie, just announced today that he will also have an optional two-stage BUG match. Revolvers must have a 3 inch or shorter barrel; semi-autos must have a 3.8 inch or shorter barrel. Bring at least a dozen rounds for the BUG match. Holsters are not required and per IDPA rules the strings can be no greater than 5-rounds and there are no reloads on the clock.

Regards,
John Catterall, Match Director
2010 New England Regional IDPA Championship

In, but it looks like I will not be able to work the match; here goes 100$!

Any squad suggestions? Seems like everyone I know is working the match (and thus not in a competitors squad)!

If you're shooting Sunday, I've shot a few matches with Mike French and Dennis Doti (of First Defense Firearms) and they're fun to shoot with.

Any slots left?

Howdy,

Do any of you know if there are slots left for this match? Although the instructions say to check the squads before submitting payment, that isn't possible.

Thanks.

Howdy,

Do any of you know if there are slots left for this match? Although the instructions say to check the squads before submitting payment, that isn't possible.

Thanks.

You can send Mike Critser an email on the ling Jar posted. There is a wait list.

Any problem with me mounting a hat-cam and filming myself running this match? I know S&W and others sometimes don't allow this. I'd obviously not post the footage until after the match was over.

Any problem with me mounting a hat-cam and filming myself running this match? I know S&W and others sometimes don't allow this. I'd obviously not post the footage until after the match was over.

No problem, as long as you don't post until the match is over.

Regards,
John Catterall
Match Director

Back
Top Bottom