2010 IDPA MA State Championship - June 5 & 6

The Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford will be hosting the 14th Annual, 2010 IDPA MA State Championship on June 5 & 6. This will be a 10 stage match shot in a single day format. There will be morning and afternoon squads on Saturday and morning squads on Sunday.

We are working on having a steel side match of some sort for you to participate in either before or after your shooting time (ie, NOT while you’re shooting with your squad) – more details to follow.

Breakfast and lunch are available from the kitchen.

We are always looking for extra match staff to help run the match – if you are interested in being part of a great team, please PM me.

For complete details, match flyer and entry forms, please visit the club's website at:

http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/schedules/IDPAMA2010.htm

Update: Saturday afternoon is full. Still room for Sat AM and Sunday. Latest entries processed have postmarks from 4/16 or earlier. Confirmations going out tomorrow. If you've sent in after 4/16, I haven't gotten them yet from the Club.

Update. 1 slot left for Sat AM and 1 slot left for Sunday. After that, I have a waiting list started. Please call or email me if you're interested in these last two slots or if you want to get on the waiting list.

Match is full. Anyone wanting to be on the waiting list, please send me a message.

We have a steel side match setup that you can participate in before or after your shooting time. Do NOT shoot this during your shooting time as you will cause backups for your squad and everyone else. Proceeds will go to the NRA Foundation and to GOAL’s Heritage Grant program. Help support them as they have supported us. Bring extra money and extra ammo. Shoot as often as you like using your IDPA gear. For those shooting on Sunday, you can participate after the match as we're breaking down the stages and tallying scores.

SAT AM: Registration 7:30am to 8:30am. Shooter's meeting at 8:30am. Shooting at 9am.
SAT PM: Registration 12:00pm to 1:00pm. Shooter's meeting at 1:00pm. Shooting at 1:30pm.
SUN: Registration 7:30am to 8:30am. Shooter's meeting at 8:30am. Shooting at 9am.

We have a steel side match setup that you can participate in before or after your shooting time. Do NOT shoot this during your shooting time as you will cause backups for your squad and everyone else. Proceeds will go to the NRA Foundation and to GOAL’s Heritage Grant program. Help support them as they have supported us. Bring extra money and extra ammo. Shoot as often as you like using your IDPA gear. For those shooting on Sunday, you can participate after the match as we're breaking down the stages and tallying scores.

How long should the steel match take? IE if I was shooting SAT PM what time should I plan on being there to shoot the steel before the match?

How long should the steel match take? IE if I was shooting SAT PM what time should I plan on being there to shoot the steel before the match?

Should only take a few minutes, based on how many are in line, usually side matches are quick couple of strings at plate racks etc.
It is a good way to warm up for the afternoon squad. You can get rid of some match jitters.........& raise money for GOAL & NRA

Last edited:

Mike, it's the SMOKE & HOPE Steel Challenge stage... 5 targets - you shoot five strings and your slowest time is thrown out. The world record is 1.84 seconds for 1 string, so, if you put about 5 of them together it should take you about 10 seconds? Actually, I shot it today and each string was about 3 - 4 seconds so factor in time for reloads between strings (off the clock) and I would say each shooter can be in and out in about a minute?

Hi folks,
Sorry, didn't have the scores reconciled before 9pm. As such, they will be posted tomorrow (6/7/2010) at 9pm. There is a 1 hour period to call and contest scores. Steel side match results will be posted as well. The side match brought in over $300 which will go to GOAL's Heritage Grant Foundation and the NRA Foundation.

Thank you to all the shooters for coming out and participating this weekend. A slight delay to start on Saturday morning so we wouldn't have to dodge lightning bolts - still finished on time and the afternoon folks got started on time. Nice of the weather to hold off today too (it started to rain as I was pulling out of the club after everything was put away and the trash tossed). A large thank you to our sponsors. And most importantly to the great staff (SO's, stats, kitchen) without whom this match would not be possible.

Back
Top Bottom