• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2009 Scarborough, ME - Rifle Match Schedule

2009 High Power Rifle Schedule

May 2 Mauser/Springfield Match
A 100, 200 and 300 yd. 75 rds, no sighters, human silhouette target Limited to bolt action Mauser or WW1 type rifles (Enfield, Sprngfld, etc.)

May 17th Beginners match
A 200, 300, and 600 yd. approved National Match Course (58 Rds.) Service Rifles or Match Rifles

June 7th D Day Match
A 100/200/300 yd. Survival on the beach Course of fire (80 Rds.) Any iron sighted rifle used on the beaches of Normandy June 6, 1944

June 13 & 14 A two day Mid Range Regional w/F Class
300 & 600yds. Prone. Followed by a Antique Rifle match on Sunday.

July 26 NRA approved, RMC
80rds, Match/Service Rifle

August 9th Operation Starlight Commemorative Match
A 90 round match using any rifle that was used in the Vietnam War, shot at 100, 200 and 300 yards.

August 30 CMP John C. Garand Match
30rds & a NRA NMC Match, 50rds

September 6th NRA approved RMC
80rds, Match or Service Rifle

September 12 & 13 Sat: Maine State Service Rifle Championship
RMC, 80rds.
Sun: Garand Match, followed by a Leg or Directors Match.

September 27th John C Garand Match
30 rds @ 200yds and a M1-Carbine Match, 40 rds @ 100yds.

October 18th Any-Any + F Class Prone
600yds Match, any rifle, any sights

October 25th Arthur Kierstead Memorial Match
100,200,300 yards (75 Rds.)
Any Rifle, any sight, all offhand

December 13th BOTB Match
75 Rounds / winter survival at Bastogne

*I will make edits and/or updates as available.

I was up there yesterday at the club with Dukeinmaine. He is a member and we shot for a couple of hours. What a wonderful place! Ranges all over, for any kind of shooting you want. They must have around or over 100 acres there. If I lived up there, I would be a member for sure!

whats the july 26th match? service rifle? rules? how too ..what too ...times?

Scarborough F&G website for rifle. You can get the match bulletin. It is an NRA match, so both Match rifles and Service rifles can shoot.

NRA rulebook for HP.

At a minimum you will need

• eye and ear protection -
  • hat -
  • somthing to drink & eat - snack food is good
  • zero - You need a basic zero as you will start shooting at 200 yards in the standing position and move back. Your rifle also needs to have at least 15- 20 minutes of elevation beyond 200 yards.
  • rifle - appropriate. It needs to be able to load five rounds, and you need to be able to rapidly reload it. So it either needs an external mag, or it needs a charging guide installed so you can load it with a charger. Many rifles meet this criteria, but might not be well suited. If you have a full sized AR-15A2 or A4 that would probably be best.
  • sling - used for shooting
  • two magazines or stripper clips
  • 88 rounds of ammo - ball is perfectly acceptable for 200 & 300 but you really should have some decent stuff for the 600 yard stage.
  • optics - you need to score for other competitors so binos or a spotting scope
  • Paper, pencil, notepad or book
  • shooting mat - a poncho or small ground cloth would work
  • something to haul all the stuff around in. Some guys have shooting stools, but a backpack will work. - It's a little bit of a hike from the parking lot to the firing line.

If you are interested in going, please PM me and I'll e-mail you some stuff.

B

Back
Top Bottom