• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2007 USPSA Northeast Section Match

I see this on the schedules so I thought I'd start a post on it...

Harvard Action Shooters have scheduled a USPSA Area 7 Northeast Section Match for August 10-12 at Harvard.

10 stages shot in one day, either Saturday or Sunday, for $40 (a great deal).

For those locals who are newer to USPSA this is great opportunity to get a taste of the bigger matches, which is a ticket toward advancing your shooting.

Go here and fill in an application:
http://www.harvardactionshooters.com

Also, thank the crew from Harvard and the clubs that help for putting it on when you have a chance.

Last edited:
Hamar - I can tell you that you won't have to run on one the stages, and that we'll even provide a chauffeur to drive you while you shoot.

After waiting at back-ups at yesterday's match in VT, I'm hoping that the sectional stages are designed to be simple and quick to run and score with a low reshoot and prop failure potential. The car stage that was passed around worries me a bit.

After waiting at back-ups at yesterday's match in VT, I'm hoping that the sectional stages are designed to be simple and quick to run and score with a low reshoot and prop failure potential. The car stage that was passed around worries me a bit.

Actually, the car stage will be easy to score and set since -

1. It will be "fixed time" - this means a fixed number of rounds, therefore, we will not have any steel.

2. The driver should be able to have the vehicle in position by the time the targets are scored.

3. We have retained the services of a throughput efficiency expert to work with the work flow (translation: Tom D. is in the loop)

Thanks for the clarification.

As long as it runs the same for every shooter.
As close as we can possibly get it - probably a lawn tractor set to a fixed speed. We are also going to have it set so you do not see any targets until the vehicle is up to speed, so we will not have to deal with differences as the vehicle is brought up to speed (I expect we'll fix a block on the continuous transmission to provide a "stop point" when the driver accelerates the vehicle).

If we think we do badly, we will ask the MD to toss the stage. If you think we do badly, you can file an arbitration. With just a bit of luck, neither will happen.

Do we know what the round count is or if they are going to let us see the stages prior to Match weekend?

OK, my spreadsheet is currently showing 240 rounds over 10 stages. (what are the odds of having a round number like that?)

We'll post up the stages on the www.harvardactionshooters.com website, hopefully later today. Then you can study the tiny little targets on the tiny little sketches so that when you see the stages at the match you can exclaim, "Hey, I didn't think it would like this at all."

Actually, the sketches are all to-scale including distances and target sizes, but you know what happens when those mad-scientists and crazy artists are set loose in a wide open pit.

Feel free to send feedback if you see something really off the wall.

Hi Guys, I wasnt complaining or anything. I was hoping to see the stages prior to signing up only because of my own limitations. I really didnt want to take up a squad spot if I wasnt going to be able to shoot the match. My entry went in anyway so I'll just deal with things on match day. I hope I didnt put any unneeded pressure on you guys. I didnt mean for it.

Hi Guys, I wasnt complaining or anything. I was hoping to see the stages prior to signing up only because of my own limitations. I really didnt want to take up a squad spot if I wasnt going to be able to shoot the match. My entry went in anyway so I'll just deal with things on match day. I hope I didnt put any unneeded pressure on you guys. I didnt mean for it.

Cut it out Hal; you never need to worry about offending me. You've gotta do something really foul to get under my skin; like say something nasty about my mother, ... or John Wayne, ... or tell me one of my guns is ugly.

And I've seen you shoot. Compared to my sorry trigger yankin', you don't HAVE any limitations. I'm glad you signed up for the match. I think you'll have a blast. And if you start hurting too much, just visit with the Hot Dog Lady for a little while until you're back in gear.

OK, my spreadsheet is currently showing 240 rounds over 10 stages. (what are the odds of having a round number like that?)

We'll post up the stages on the www.harvardactionshooters.com website, hopefully later today. Then you can study the tiny little targets on the tiny little sketches so that when you see the stages at the match you can exclaim, "Hey, I didn't think it would like this at all."

Actually, the sketches are all to-scale including distances and target sizes, but you know what happens when those mad-scientists and crazy artists are set loose in a wide open pit.

Feel free to send feedback if you see something really off the wall.

I had no idea the course of fire would be available prior to the match and would never have known if I had not stumbled upon the information here. I hope this course of fire will be made available to all competitors well in advance of the match. Maybe I missed something?

I had no idea the course of fire would be available prior to the match and would never have known if I had not stumbled upon the information here. I hope this course of fire will be made available to all competitors well in advance of the match. Maybe I missed something?

Stages for major matches are usually posted on USPSA web site, the section web site, or the hosting club web site. It is common practice.

Some that assist with set up and design get them via e mail to make sure the props are all available or to see how much time we/they need to allow for set up whether we/they get to shoot the match or not. No big conspiracy here [wink]

They aren't posted yet. Checked Harvard's site, and the USPSA site.

Well if you figure the stage plans are seen by those designing, working, and setting the match up and by those that have to approve the stages, and those people are also able to shoot the match, then it is only fair everyone gets to see the stage plan ahead of time so no one has an advantage.

They are never the same as what gets set up anyways. The most use they have is to see if there are things in particular you should practice in prep for the specific match, like strong/weak hand shooting or a ton of head shots. Sometimes classifiers are part of the match, so you can see which ones and practice them.

Last October I had the stages for the Nationals in Tulsa. Three stage diagrams that looked like typical speed shoots ended up being 25, 40, and 50 yards while you arrived.

Back
Top Bottom