• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTS 2004 Ford Explorer

2004 Ford Explorer XLT in need of some repairs. It has 4WD/AWD, towing package (towed just a small utility trailer), keyless entry pad on driver door, and 3rd row seating to seat 8 adults. 160,000 miles

If you are handy this is for you. Electrically everything works, such as the windows, sun roof, power mirrors and so on. Mechanically it is in decent shape. I have two sets of keys.

The good:
- Oil change done every 5K
- 4.0 6 cylinder engine
- Front and Rear Diff fluid, Transfer case fluid and Transmission fluid & filter change done every 60K
- New FR Wheel HUB, FL wheel hub replaced in 2016
- RR and LR Wheel bearings replaced in 2016
- Ball joints replaced in 2016
- Mechanically sound, runs well

The Bad:
- Will need new front brakes soon
- Will need new tires soon
- Rocker panel on passenger side is starting to rust out
- Rocker panel and dogleg on driver side has rusted out and is no longer there
- Broken driver side fog light, lens needs to be replaced.
- Clear coat flaking off in 2 hand sized areas.
- Some wear and stains on the inside, I have a 3 year old so kid related stuff. No tears in the seats.
- Transmission suffers the typical problems associated with the the 5R55E. Google it, I don't have the shift flares however as the transmission filter and fluid accumilate miles, there is a pause when shifting into forward from reverse. Also sometimes following an emergency stop (10% of the time) I believe there is a problem with the torque converter solenoid as when going to accelerate the RPM increasing to above torque converter lockup RPM but then goes away.
- Due to the tires and the rusted out area, it most likely won't pass inspection.

I see that similar Explorers are selling for almost double what I'm asking. I'm trying to be open and honest as possible about the condition of the vehicle and am making no guarantees/warranties. I'm asking $1300 AS IS.
explorer.jpg

If you see this ad, its still for sale. If new things come up I will update this post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom