200 yard sight in service availability?

The optic is brand new, as is the rifle. The barrel on this P415 is a match-grade fluted 16.5" 1:8 twist. Using Winchester White Box .223 FMJ. Sighting at 110-115 yards. Tried using both 3x and 6x magnification.

As others have said, there is your reason you are not getting the results you are expecting. It doesn't matter how nice a barrel and scope you have if you are shooting regular run of the mill ammo. Try some match grade ammo and I bet you will get better results.

Does anyone here offer a service of sighting in a rifle at 200 yards?

Holy crap. I just spent the last 2 hours trying to zero a vortex razor HD 1-6x24 on a new POF P415 with 16.5" barrel and brake...

FAIL

I am on paper every shot, but I've got groupings of 4+" in most cases.

I can't tell if it was me, the ammo or what.

Usually when I bench rest and zero, I get 1 MOA groups with standard ammo. Example, my M1A using mil-surp.

All I can say about today's shooting is WTF...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... Please excuse the brevity and auto corrected wrong words

if the rifle is literally brand new try just pumping rounds through it. I have had a couple of rifles that out of the box the gun just needed to be exercised a little bit before it started preforming consistently.

4" at 200 yards? That's about 2 MOA.
I know, but from what I've read on ARF, 4 MOA is what you can expect from lake city and WWB, on average. He's not doing all that horrible with 2 minutes. Gets the bad guy at 200.

Obviously all of you penny and sewing needle shooters didn't attend that infamous NES Porche shoot did ya? I saw the shooting in that video and if any pennies could have been hit it would have been by pure accident, or just because they were sitting high on the berm that day![laugh][rofl]

Does anyone here offer a service of sighting in a rifle at 200 yards?

Holy crap. I just spent the last 2 hours trying to zero a vortex razor HD 1-6x24 on a new POF P415 with 16.5" barrel and brake...

FAIL

I am on paper every shot, but I've got groupings of 4+" in most cases.

I can't tell if it was me, the ammo or what.

Usually when I bench rest and zero, I get 1 MOA groups with standard ammo. Example, my M1A using mil-surp.

All I can say about today's shooting is WTF...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... Please excuse the brevity and auto corrected wrong words

You have a m1a that shoots moa with surplus ammo...... are you sure. ? Isx7.62 Nato even capable of moa? That rifle should be going to camp Perry!

Back
Top Bottom