200 Amp service Upgrade Cost?

a good suggestion, might be checking out a site called "angies list" it is a homeowner site with customer ratings for contractors in your area.

Dude, why Angie's List? You've got several electricians on this forum!

One thing to consider with panel selection, get a panel with a generator interlock kit installed. Then your generator ready to power any breakers you need.

The licensed electrician. Make sure he has the required liability insurance also

You need to make sure he or they have workmans comp as well. With over head what it is now a days I don't see how you can make money with the prices being quoted here.

You need to make sure he or they have workmans comp as well. With over head what it is now a days I don't see how you can make money with the prices being quoted here.

He only needs comp if he has employees. A sole proprietor doesn't require it.

He only needs comp if he has employees. A sole proprietor doesn't require it.

Which is why I am now a D.B.A. instead of a corporation.

When they threatened to shut me down because I didn't have workmans comp for a one man show, I filed articles of dissolution with the Mass. Secretary of State by the end of the day.

I am talking from a home owners standpoint. If a contractor working on your property gets hurt and doesn't have comp they can sue the home owner.

wether he has comp or not does not matter to the homeowner. When you get workmans comp it doesn't cover you anyhow say i have one employee and I get comp for the company(which I would need to do) if I get hurt my workmans comp will not cover my claim only the employees.

The amount of wrong information in this thread is staggering.

I should do a seminar for NES electricians to educate everyone on what the laws and code actually say.

I can not believe that a licensed, insured electrician can install a 200 amp Square D QO service with copper wire for $1340 in 2010, i mean 2011.

Chris

wether he has comp or not does not matter to the homeowner. When you get workmans comp it doesn't cover you anyhow say i have one employee and I get comp for the company(which I would need to do) if I get hurt my workmans comp will not cover my claim only the employees.

I am an employee of my company, I am a corp. As a DBA your right no comp for you.

The amount of wrong information in this thread is staggering.

I should do a seminar for NES electricians to educate everyone on what the laws and code actually say.

I can not believe that a licensed, insured electrician can install a 200 amp Square D QO service with copper wire for $1340 in 2010, i mean 2011.

Chris

Your right on the price.

What wrong info?
Do you buy from CLS, screen name your company name?

Back
Top Bottom