20" barrel short buffer length

could anyone help? ok does the length of the barrel and gas tube on an AR assembly need a specific buffer spring length? if i choose to make a 20" barrel and rifle length gas tube, does the buffer tube/spring/assembly have to be a certain length?

The 4 ARs I have with the standard stocks use a rifle buffer and spring. 3 are 223 and one is a dedicated upper for 22 lr. I believe your choices in buffer and spring is either rifle or carbine and I don't know if they're interchangeable

could anyone help? ok does the length of the barrel and gas tube on an AR assembly need a specific buffer spring length? if i choose to make a 20" barrel and rifle length gas tube, does the buffer tube/spring/assembly have to be a certain length?

No, the stocks used dictate the buffer and spring (really the spring). The upper doesn't care.

No, the stocks used dictate the buffer and spring (really the spring). The upper doesn't care.

OK - So I'm having a problem with my rifle length buffer

Here's the specifics:
rifle length tube/buffer/spring

I install a Vltor Modstock and the buttstock screw is too long and prevents the bolt from being pulled all the way back - inspection of the buffer shows the imprint of the screw

Can I run a carbine buffer with the rifle spring and still keep reliability?

I can cut the screw but I don't have a die to clean the threads afterward

Suggestions welcome

OK - So I'm having a problem with my rifle length buffer

Here's the specifics:
rifle length tube/buffer/spring

I install a Vltor Modstock and the buttstock screw is too long and prevents the bolt from being pulled all the way back - inspection of the buffer shows the imprint of the screw

Can I run a carbine buffer with the rifle spring and still keep reliability?

I can cut the screw but I don't have a die to clean the threads afterward

Suggestions welcome

Something is wrong there. The modstock is carbine and expects an M4 cabine tube, spring and buffer.

This is definately not my area of expertise, but on Larue's website, they state if you want a Stealth upper in rife length and plan on using a carbine stock, there is something different they have to do to the upper. Don't ask me what or why.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom