• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2-year-old Tennessee girl shot in head while playing in backyard

Clearly you can’t take the high road. As far as reading posts and speaking skill sets, why don’t you try that out for yourself...This all started with what I said to Dennis in MA with his post being in poor taste about gun ranges closing in the un-free states. Skysoldier took it upon himself to make a smart ass comment towards me and my rank. And you are also doing the same. What does my rank have to do with any of this? You sound like a guy who thinks he knows everything about the military, we don’t have “E-5’s” in the Marines, we have .Sergeants. E-5 is just simply a paygrade. I’m glad you have hijacked this thread and made it personal but I’ve made my donation how about you? Fire away if you feel the need to respond if not try acting your age not your shoe size. No shit we all hurt for this little girl! Did you miss that part in my other post where I said I have two little daughters?!?! Maybe you shouldn’t be telling people how to be well-versed in the English language and how to read.

Wow. I'm only going to focus on one thing at a time with you. It seems to me after rereading this thread, you did the initial hijacking here, not me. You didn't like being called Sarge. Actually, you're my first experience with a E-5 that didn't accept being called Sarge. For that reason and that reason only, I have been referring to your rank as E-5. We all know that it's a pay grade. No news flash there. As far as the Marine Corps. goes, I doubt very much that you are going to be educating me on the Corps. We had E-5's in the Corps when I was active. Maybe things have changed, but I doubt it. We also had Sergeants that were respectfully referred to as Sarge.
Skysoldier is a old timer here. Sometimes he's a smart ass. Mostly he's just a really good guy, who spent lots of time in Nam. By the way, I'm pretty sure that he has a daughter as well as a son.
Lastly, I've been donating to all sorts of sadness here on NES for years now, and of course I'll be doing the same for this poor little girl. I'm glad to know you've done the same. Good on you for that.

Wow. I'm only going to focus on one thing at a time with you. It seems to me after rereading this thread, you did the initial hijacking here, not me. You didn't like being called Sarge. Actually, you're my first experience with a E-5 that didn't accept being called Sarge. For that reason and that reason only, I have been referring to your rank as E-5. We all know that it's a pay grade. No news flash there. As far as the Marine Corps. goes, I doubt very much that you are going to be educating me on the Corps. We had E-5's in the Corps when I was active. Maybe things have changed, but I doubt it. We also had Sergeants that were respectfully referred to as Sarge.
Skysoldier is a old timer here. Sometimes he's a smart ass. Mostly he's just a really good guy, who spent lots of time in Nam. By the way, I'm pretty sure that he has a daughter as well as a son.
Lastly, I've been donating to all sorts of sadness here on NES for years now, and of course I'll be doing the same for this poor little girl. I'm glad to know you've done the same. Good on you for that.
God Bless, enjoy the rest of your day.

That poor little girl. I truly hope she is ok. Prayers for her and her family.

Could you imagine? In your own back yard? Absolutely tragic.

Know you target and WHAT IS BEYOND IT.
As my lousy luck would have it, my wife and I were watching this on national TV when little Jill came in and asked for some help with her homework. She saw the little girl on TV in her hospital bed and wanted to know what happened. How do you explain such a thing to a 6 year old? When 4 year old Lexi followed Jill into the living room, my wife shut off the TV and we had a nice long chat with the girls about the importance of gun safety. Little Jill has her first .22 and Lexi got Jill's BB gun.

As my lousy luck would have it, my wife and I were watching this on national TV when little Jill came in and asked for some help with her homework. She saw the little girl on TV in her hospital bed and wanted to know what happened. How do you explain such a thing to a 6 year old? When 4 year old Lexi followed Jill into the living room, my wife shut off the TV and we had a nice long chat with the girls about the importance of gun safety. Little Jill has her first .22 and Lexi got Jill's BB gun.
I’ve been fortunate enough to keep my 9 year old from seeing or hearing about this. It’s the hardest thing in the world trying to explain accidental death like this and even harder to explain loved ones passing away naturally.

Keep praying for her. She's doing better.

Update 4
Posted by Stephanie Brown
2 hours ago

Update! Ariel had a good night. Her ICP is staying low, she is managing her own blood pressure, and they have her 12 weaned off the sedation. I was told this morning that she's moving around a little, coughing, getting kinda aggravated and she has started to breath OVER the ventilator a little bit. Which is AMAZING! Again we won't know the extent of what this effected until she fully wakes up. Praise the lord!

Help spread the word!

Tweet

4.0k shares on Facebook

Click here to support Ariel Salaices organized by Stephanie Brown

There are plenty of threads to be joking on, but this isn’t one of them. Poor taste.

No joke. I don't think you've got great reading comp. Re-read right up until my post. Look at what went on in NZ this last week. Think of the legislators in all of the states mentioned. You don't think at least ONE Congresscritter from those states floats a bill to close all the ranges in the state???? Seriously??

So he was serious about all Ranges closing in all those States???? Dude, it’s poor taste and a shitty post. And I was a Sergeant not a “Sarge”...your thinking of the Army or a police department. Smarten up dope

Respect is earned not given. And neither one of you earned it on this thread. Before you feel need to retaliate with another ignorant post, take the high road and donate to this little girls GoFundMe. I will do the same. God Bless!

Oh this is going well here. ROFL!!!
tenor.gif

No joke. I don't think you've got great reading comp. Re-read right up until my post. Look at what went on in NZ this last week. Think of the legislators in all of the states mentioned. You don't think at least ONE Congresscritter from those states floats a bill to close all the ranges in the state???? Seriously??

I don’t disagree with you, all I simply said was “poor taste”.

Oh this is going well here. ROFL!!!
tenor.gif

This is awful. People have to be careful with dangerous tools, and I think almost everyone here goes the extra mile for safety, but there are some people out there who just are stupid or sociopathic enough to endanger others for no reason. Accidents can happen any time, and they do. And so does negligent behavior or worse.

The GoFundMe page hit its goal and closed at $59,500 raised.

More important the latest update (an hour ago) from her family is as follows:

"I have to post this, to everyone that has been praying, I just want to thank you because you are a blessing. The progression that Ariel has made in just a week is astonishing. The only thing I can say is it's all him, it's all God's work. The doctor came in today, and said he now feels comfortable to tell the family that she's going to live, and be okay. I called my sister, and she told me Ariel tried to open both eyes today."

The goal was $100,000. I wonder why they closed it? My donation was the third from last. :)

"I have to post this, to everyone that has been praying, I just want to thank you because you are a blessing. The progression that Ariel has made in just a week is astonishing. The only thing I can say is it's all him, it's all God's work. The doctor came in today, and said he now feels comfortable to tell the family that she's going to live, and be okay. I called my sister, and she told me Ariel tried to open both eyes today."

Young brains are very plastic. There is hope she will make a more or less full recovery imho. I am praying for a miracle anyway.

Great news. Keep on praying!

Wow. Thank God for small and large miracles!

I can’t even imagine being in their shoes

I hope this little girl is young enough that she doesn't remember any of this ordeal, but someday, it brings a smile to her face when she finds out that so many people, the whole country, prayed for her and prayed for the best for her.
May she go on to do great things, marvelous things. God bless you little Ariel. Get well and grow.

I hope they find who fired the round and not simply choose the lib-dem solution and simply blame the range.

As a somewhat new parent I can't even...
Glad to see that she's most likely going to make a full recovery though! Yeah accidents happen but this was negligence. I hope whoever let that round go, even if they're never actually "caught", knows that it was them that put this family through that horrible ordeal, and lives with gnawing guilt for the rest of their lives.

As a somewhat new parent I can't even...
Glad to see that she's most likely going to make a full recovery though! Yeah accidents happen but this was negligence. I hope whoever let that round go, even if they're never actually "caught", knows that it was them that put this family through that horrible ordeal, and lives with gnawing guilt for the rest of their lives.

As a relatively new parent parent myself, I was amazed at the inner-feelings I found within myself after my daughter was born and the feelings I developed towards the protection of not only my own child, but towards others as well. It was as if weird parental instincts all of sudden came alive after forty years. Odd

As a relatively new parent parent myself, I was amazed at the inner-feelings I found within myself after my daughter was born and the feelings I developed towards the protection of not only my own child, but towards others as well. It was as if weird parental instincts all of sudden came alive after forty years. Odd

Heck yeah buddy! I'm a few months from 40 myself. Here's to us late bloomers. ;)

Ariel is off the ventilator and breathing on her own.
images

Updates for Ariel
50 mins ·
What a good Sunday morning to be able to say Ariel is off the ventilator and breathing on her own!! Praise his holy name!!!

101 Comments88 Shares
Comment

Updates for Ariel
16 hrs ·
Ariel is being weaned off some medication, and getting on some substitutes that are least narcotic, and she's showing abnormalities in her movements, which is due to the trauma. So with therapy, they said it's quite possible she can come back from that. We're just waiting by Monday she should have that ventilator off hopefully. So far with everything else she's been really good and she's going to have to stay on certain medications probably for a long time other than that she's doing great.

Back
Top Bottom