• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2-year-old Tennessee girl shot in head while playing in backyard

commodon

NES Member
This is heartbreaking...

ariel-salaices-Stephanie-Brown.jpg

A two-year-old Tennessee girl is reportedly in critical condition after she was shot by a stray bullet while playing in her backyard on March 15.

Ariel Salaices was with her two older brothers on a slide when she was hit in the head, ABC News reported, citing the Johnson County Sherriff’s Department.

Salaices’ mother, Christina, said one of her brothers screamed for their father after she was shot. The little girl, who lives in Mountain City, southeast of Knoxville, fell off her playground set, walked toward the house and collapsed in front of her father and brothers, she told ABC. “If it weren’t for him and my husband, she probably wouldn’t have had a chance.” She said when Salaices' father got her to the hospital “it didn’t look good.

Salaices is now on life support after being flown to the East Tennessee Children’s Hospital in Knoxville.

The bullet severed an artery and caused extensive damage to the back of her brain, her family’s GoFundMe page said. “She ended up having a stroke, and that being said she has no function or blood flow to the trauma area,” the page added.

Salaices went through a 2 plus-hour surgery and as of Friday afternoon the girl “is doing a bit better,” an update from the GoFundMe page said.

Salaices’ family is watching over her while staying nearby at the Ronald McDonald House, ABC News said.

Police are still trying to figure out where the shot came from, and the girl’s mother told ABC News there is a gun range near their home.

She has already proved she's so strong and we have many plans for that little girl,” her family said on her GoFundMe page.

From 2-year-old Tennessee girl shot in head while playing in backyard: report

37819508_1552855292288780_r.jpg

Ariel's medical expenses are paid, but there is travel expenses, food expenses and Ariel's mom and dad are now out of work until they can take their little girl home with them. Any help toward that family would be a great blessing.

The GoFundMe is Click here to support Ariel Salaices organized by Stephanie Brown

I don't think he was joking, and I sure didn't think he was. Lighten up Sarge!
So he was serious about all Ranges closing in all those States???? Dude, it’s poor taste and a shitty post. And I was a Sergeant not a “Sarge”...your thinking of the Army or a police department. Smarten up dope

So he was serious about all Ranges closing in all those States???? Dude, it’s poor taste and a shitty post. And I was a Sergeant not a “Sarge”...your thinking of the Army or a police department. Smarten up dope

I used the term "Sarge" because you sound like one, Buckwheat!

How sad! But at the end of the day the "gun range near her home" will likely be shut down, even if it turns out that the round was fired from a passing car or a nearby field.

I have read a few other articles and the prevailing thought is that it was celebratory gunfire, i.e. someone fired a round up into the sky and it came down...

No, I mean that he's earned the respect. You seem to need the attention.
Respect is earned not given. And neither one of you earned it on this thread. Before you feel need to retaliate with another ignorant post, take the high road and donate to this little girls GoFundMe. I will do the same. God Bless!

Respect is earned not given. And neither one of you earned it on this thread. Before you feel need to retaliate with another ignorant post, take the high road and donate to this little girls GoFundMe. I will do the same. God Bless!

You clearly engage your mouth, before you engage your brain. Try reading the whole thread, beforehand. My heart hurts for this little girl and Skysoldiers son may well have been part of her medivac team. We're waiting to hear from him now on that. In this case, you E5, are clearly the ignorant one. You're no different from everyone else here, commenting in this thread. We all hurt for this little girl.

My post did specify that Skysoldier has "earned" his respect. E5's are suppose to have good written communication skills as well as verbal. I'm very certain that you won't find a single member here, that doesn't feel as I do regarding Skysodier.

You clearly engage your mouth, before you engage your brain. Try reading the whole thread, beforehand. My heart hurts for this little girl and Skysoldiers son may well have been part of her medivac team. We're waiting to hear from him now on that. In this case, you E5, are clearly the ignorant one. You're no different from everyone else here, commenting in this thread. We all hurt for this little girl.
Clearly you can’t take the high road. As far as reading posts and speaking skill sets, why don’t you try that out for yourself...This all started with what I said to Dennis in MA with his post being in poor taste about gun ranges closing in the un-free states. Skysoldier took it upon himself to make a smart ass comment towards me and my rank. And you are also doing the same. What does my rank have to do with any of this? You sound like a guy who thinks he knows everything about the military, we don’t have “E-5’s” in the Marines, we have .Sergeants. E-5 is just simply a paygrade. I’m glad you have hijacked this thread and made it personal but I’ve made my donation how about you? Fire away if you feel the need to respond if not try acting your age not your shoe size. No shit we all hurt for this little girl! Did you miss that part in my other post where I said I have two little daughters?!?! Maybe you shouldn’t be telling people how to be well-versed in the English language and how to read.

My post did specify that Skysoldier has "earned" his respect. E5's are suppose to have good written communication skills as well as verbal. I'm very certain that you won't find a single member here, that doesn't feel as I do regarding Skysodier.
Never met Skysoldier and I’m sure he has plenty of friends here. I don’t think I will be taking warm showers with him in the middle of the night and I’m fine with that. You?

Back
Top Bottom