2 teens in MA arrested after allegedly damaging 54 cars/businesses using air pellet gun

mikeyp

NES Member

Chief Edward Conley and Chief John Horvath report that two individuals were arrested early Tuesday morning for allegedly firing an air pellet gun and damaging property in Gloucester and Rockport.

On Tuesday, Sept. 7., at about 1:40 a.m., Gloucester Police were dispatched to the Crow’s Nest bar, 244 Main St., Gloucester, for reports of a shot fired at the business. Upon arrival, police found a window shattered by what they believed to be a pellet from an air pellet gun.

About 2:30 a.m., Gloucester police were dispatched to the area of Bass Avenue in Gloucester for a report of an air pellet gun fired at a vehicle. Upon arrival, a witness described seeing a person inside a dark-colored, small to midsize SUV shooting at the vehicle. While responding, police saw a vehicle matching that description driving in the area. Police followed the vehicle, which allegedly was evading police, and eventually pulled it over.

Sounds like they beat my childhood record

mean-girls-whatever.gif

Where did that NES member live who liked to shoot trash on his passenger floorboard with a pelt gun live?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbvYeLxMKN8

Our high school was/is shaped like the letter H. Senior week, my friend Ed and I got the bright idea, to have some other seniors, hold the hall doors open through one end of the H, to the other end. Maybe 200 yards. We quietly pushed our motorcycles into the school, fired them up and blasted through one end of the school and out the other end. Guess that's the worst thing we did. Oh and my friend Jim, while at the senior class banquet, decided to swing from the huge light fixture, on the ceiling, of a very nice eatery. Principal was pissed, so he decided to cancel our senior prom. Parents were pissed, so they formed a group, went to the principal and told him in no uncertain terms, that they had already purchased prom gowns and if he thought, that he was going to break the hearts of their little girls, to think again. He was assured, that he wouldn't have a job, the following year, if he cancelled prom. Of course, it didn't hurt that the superintendant of schools had a grandson in our class as well, who took the girl, he ended up marrying, to the prom. Both of the grandsons parents, were teachers in the high school as well. We had our prom. Oh and Jim, well he joined the Marine Corps, went to nam, got wounded a couple of times and came home a highly decorated veteran. Guess every Marine has a little hellion in him. Oh, I almost forgot. Ed and I never heard a word from any school official about our motorcycle ride through the school. I use to sneak onto the runway at the Taunton airport and race piper cubs on the runway often too. Never got bagged for that either.

Last edited:
Where did that NES member live who liked to shoot trash on his passenger floorboard with a pelt gun live?
If anyone needs a refresher on that dumpster fire.

In the link added it said "and Carrying a Firearm on School Grounds." is a pellet gun really a gun in Commichusetts or because it has gun in the name they added it on...for shock factor and to keep the other sheep in line. So if I show up with a nail gun at my kids high school will they all that a gun....what about a glue gun? Mind you the last time I visited the kinder garden, middle school and high school I saw those high capacity glue guns....you know the ones with the extra long sticks!

they say 'teens' in report and those are 18 yr olds. in some countries a 16 yr old is considered an adult who can buy beer and has a passport. ridiculous.

Queue the "Pellet guns should require licenses" crowd on the left.......
Always some ghetto wannabe that ruins it for all of the other people.

Ah the Crows Nest. What a f***kn dive. Especially cringy after the perfect storm came out. lol.

I was just thinking, "Isn't that hte bar that Sebestian Whatshisname went to to backstory A Perfect Storm?" My brain is a font of useless information.

Junger? Sebastian Junger? Was that his name??? (Again - useless crap in my brain.) I read a book or two more by him. He never achieved the skill he had for that story in any other one.

Totally different writer, same style of writing: Michael Punke. Ridgeline. The Revenant (yes, THAT The Revenant) and. . . . The Last Stand. All very good books.

They were both charged with “Carrying a Firearm on School Grounds“. Pellet guns are firearms? Since?

Since if you hit a piece of flint sitting in the middle of a huge pile of super-dry tinder with your steel BB, you might set a fire. Hence fire-arm.

For the school-specific language, or in general? Because at least from my reading, no other firearms laws or restrictions apply to air guns.
MGL Ch 269 §10(j)
Carrying dangerous weapons; possession of machine gun or sawed-off shotguns; possession of large capacity weapon or large capacity feeding device; punishment​
...​
(j) For the purposes of this paragraph, ''firearm'' shall mean any pistol, revolver, rifle or smoothbore arm from which a shot, bullet or pellet can be discharged.​
Whoever, not being a law enforcement officer and notwithstanding any license obtained by the person pursuant to chapter 140, carries on the person a firearm, loaded or unloaded, or other dangerous weapon in any building or on the grounds of any elementary or secondary school, college or university without the written authorization of the board or officer in charge of the elementary or secondary school, college or university shall be punished by a fine of not more than $1,000 or by imprisonment for not more than 2 years or both. A law enforcement officer may arrest without a warrant and detain a person found carrying a firearm in violation of this paragraph.​
...​

MGL Ch 269 §10(j)
Carrying dangerous weapons; possession of machine gun or sawed-off shotguns; possession of large capacity weapon or large capacity feeding device; punishment​
...​
(j) For the purposes of this paragraph, ''firearm'' shall mean any pistol, revolver, rifle or smoothbore arm from which a shot, bullet or pellet can be discharged.​
Whoever, not being a law enforcement officer and notwithstanding any license obtained by the person pursuant to chapter 140, carries on the person a firearm, loaded or unloaded, or other dangerous weapon in any building or on the grounds of any elementary or secondary school, college or university without the written authorization of the board or officer in charge of the elementary or secondary school, college or university shall be punished by a fine of not more than $1,000 or by imprisonment for not more than 2 years or both. A law enforcement officer may arrest without a warrant and detain a person found carrying a firearm in violation of this paragraph.​
...​
Thank you for the cite!

Back
Top Bottom