2 teens in MA arrested after allegedly damaging 54 cars/businesses using air pellet gun

Is all fun and games until they hit your car[rofl], time to bring back the wooden paddle lol.

Where did that NES member live who liked to shoot trash on his passenger floorboard with a pelt gun live?
He was 42 years old although by the way he liked to shoot trash in his car, I would have guessed he was 16.

Im surprised the person who wrote the article didn't go out of their way to make it sound more scary than it is. "Potentially high capacity, fully semi auto, military style firearm!!"

Both were charged then with malicious destruction of property, causing more than $1,200 of damage, being a minor in possession of liquor, having an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle and carrying a firearm on school grounds.

A pellet gun is a firearm?

Both were charged then with malicious destruction of property, causing more than $1,200 of damage, being a minor in possession of liquor, having an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle and carrying a firearm on school grounds.

“Firearm”, a stun gun or a pistol, revolver or other weapon of any description, loaded or unloaded, from which a shot or bullet can be discharged and of which the length of the barrel or barrels is less than 16 inches or 18 inches in the case of a shotgun as originally manufactured; provided, however, that the term firearm shall not include any weapon that is: (i) constructed in a shape that does not resemble a handgun, short-barreled rifle or short-barreled shotgun including, but not limited to, covert weapons that resemble key-chains, pens, cigarette-lighters or cigarette-packages; or (ii) not detectable as a weapon or potential weapon by x-ray machines commonly used at airports or walk- through metal detectors.

I guess a pellet is a shot that is discharged.

“Firearm”, a stun gun or a pistol, revolver or other weapon of any description, loaded or unloaded, from which a shot or bullet can be discharged and of which the length of the barrel or barrels is less than 16 inches or 18 inches in the case of a shotgun as originally manufactured; provided, however, that the term firearm shall not include any weapon that is: (i) constructed in a shape that does not resemble a handgun, short-barreled rifle or short-barreled shotgun including, but not limited to, covert weapons that resemble key-chains, pens, cigarette-lighters or cigarette-packages; or (ii) not detectable as a weapon or potential weapon by x-ray machines commonly used at airports or walk- through metal detectors.

I guess a pellet is a shot that is discharged.
To sum it up, This is Massachusetts and if Maura says it is a firearm then it is a firearm.

MGL Ch 269 §10(j)
Carrying dangerous weapons; possession of machine gun or sawed-off shotguns; possession of large capacity weapon or large capacity feeding device; punishment​
...​
(j) For the purposes of this paragraph, ''firearm'' shall mean any pistol, revolver, rifle or smoothbore arm from which a shot, bullet or pellet can be discharged.​
Whoever, not being a law enforcement officer and notwithstanding any license obtained by the person pursuant to chapter 140, carries on the person a firearm, loaded or unloaded, or other dangerous weapon in any building or on the grounds of any elementary or secondary school, college or university without the written authorization of the board or officer in charge of the elementary or secondary school, college or university shall be punished by a fine of not more than $1,000 or by imprisonment for not more than 2 years or both. A law enforcement officer may arrest without a warrant and detain a person found carrying a firearm in violation of this paragraph.​
...​

I asked this on the last page since I was also surprised to see that. See the cite above 👍

Back
Top Bottom