1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

2 Saudi oil tankers damaged by sabotage attacks

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TC McQuade, May 13, 2019.

1. TC McQuade

TC McQuade NES Member

Saudi Arabia says 2 oil tankers damaged by sabotage attacks

Saudi Arabia said Monday two of its oil tankers were sabotaged off the coast of the United Arab Emirates in attacks that caused "significant damage" to the vessels, one of them as it was en route to pick up Saudi oil to take to the U.S.

Reports came as the U.S. issued a new warning to sailors and the UAE's regional allies condemned the reported sabotage Sunday of four ships off the coast of the port city of Fujairah. The announcement came just hours after Iranian and Lebanese media outlets aired false reports of explosions at the city's port.

Emirati officials have declined to elaborate on the nature of the sabotage or say who might have been responsible. However, the reports come as the U.S. has warned ships that "Iran or its proxies" could be targeting maritime traffic in the region, and as America is deploying an aircraft carrier and B-52 bombers to the Persian Gulf to counter alleged threats from Tehran.

Fujairah's port is about 140 kilometers (85 miles) south of the Strait of Hormuz

U.S. Transportation Department, warned Thursday that Iran could target commercial sea traffic.

Last edited: May 13, 2019

2. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 NES Member

Here comes $4 a gallon gas

Woodsy and alpineboard like this.
  3. ridleyman

ridleyman NES Member

Let the fireworks begin!

4. smokey-seven

smokey-seven NES Member

If it gets as bad as it can, kiss 4$ a gallon as a bargain.
    Those axxholes tie up the straights of Hormuz, you will see lines at the pumps like the 70's.

5. new guy

new guy NES Member

False flag seems as likely as anything at this point.

Me Have ADD, xtry51 and Rekonn like this.
  6. TC McQuade

TC McQuade NES Member

Related:

Oil Tanker Gets Hole in Its Hull as Ships Attacked Off U.A.E.
    An oil tanker got a hole in its hull after being struck by an unknown object off the coast of the United Arab Emirates, where a spate of attacks on oil carriers was reported on Sunday.

The back of the tanker, the Andrea Victory, was damaged on its waterline while at an anchorage at Fujairah, a refueling center for tankers sailing to and from ports in the Persian Gulf. It’s not in danger of sinking, according to Thome Shipmanagement, which manages the carrier.

The damage to the Andrea Victory looks about 11 feet or 3.4 meters across.
    [​IMG]

7. new guy

new guy NES Member

At least the insurance will be straightforward since the other guy is clearly at fault.

dingbat, Jason m, Varmint and 2 others like this.
  8. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

First thing the insurance companies do is declare it a war zone, and refuse to pay out

9. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

There’s a few countries over there that want us to get into it with Iran. Saudi is one and the other is a bit north of them. Let them figure it out especially since we are now and exporter of oil and don’t need their crap

Cap'n Mike likes this.
  10. tuna

tuna NES Member

Last time prices jumped, I drive a Ram 1500. Prices stayed high while I had that POS.

My civic gets 40mpg. You’re safe.

I hope you appreciate what I’m doing for you all.

11. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 NES Member

I'm itching to buy a new to me truck. High fuel prices will make for prime pickins!

Evadd and xjma99 like this.
  12. HorizontalHunter

HorizontalHunter NES Member

This for those of us that don’t drive much. I average 10k a year so fuel costs are a smaller consideration.

Bob

13. enbloc

enbloc NES Life Member NES Member

Must be Spring...

14. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 NES Member

I have a company car, so it will be stupid low mileage. Probably 5k max per year.

HorizontalHunter likes this.
  15. SHOCKNAWE

SHOCKNAWE

I hope I’m wrong but the US has been itching for a reason to strike Iran. I find it funny that th ey move an Aircraft carrier battle group and B-52 Bombers to the region due to “Threats” against US forces then these Saudi Oil Tankers get hit? Now the Military investigation team says all signs point to Iran being behind it??? MmmmmmmmnK. First assessment blames Iran for Middle East ship explosions, official says | Fox News

The5thDentist and Rekonn like this.
  16. fshalor

fshalor NES Member

10/1 odds it's Saudie Princes prepping room line their pockets harder.

I so wish we had stayed out of the Iran situation in the 70's.

Anyone know much about Azurebaijahn?

We had to go mess with one of basically two states of Islam in existence that probably had the chance to moderate the fire and understand compromise. And we left the door open doe basically one of the absolute worst parties immaginable to step in.

Now what.

As much as I don't like this. If we don't keep in mind the mistakes we made and really understand them, we run the risk of repeating then.

Funny. Waterline injury. So now it can't take on oil until fixed.

17. Varmint

Varmint NES Member

Saddam is shouting from the grave: "Yeah, right! And I had WMDs!"

18. Waher

Waher NES Member

Could be a power play to knock out Iran's only refinery and get them out of the oil game along with Venezuela, which would starve China and North Korea. Downside is it would enrich Putin and I think it's very likely any collapse of .gov in Iran results in Russia setting up a new vassal state. Might have even been a deal with Putin , abandon support of Venezuela and Cuba in exchange for getting Iran & tamping down on ME Jihadis.

Or could be China trying to bait the US in a global conflict to keep us busy.

19. Racenet

Racenet NES Member

I average just a little over 2K per year on my vehicle. Don't drive far at all.

20. marleythefish

marleythefish NES Member

I vote for not giving a shit what happens half the world away. war in the middle east is a tradition and i see no need for us to sacrifice American lives over there. let them all kill each other, its not our problem. I think its time that the country's with a real stake in it step up, we don't need the strait of hormous, we should pull back and concern ourselves with our own. we can meet our own energy needs. We cannot trust what our gov and the media tells us, war is profitable for the corporations that own our gov and the media,these corps make money from the war and don't care about the American lives lost.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Jason m and new guy like this.
  21. T-Unit

T-Unit

Let's say the tankers weren't sabotaged, let's say the reports of Iran moving equipment into attack positions are fabricated... Iran is still building nukes and they're not denying it. Iran supplied bombs to insurgents in Iraq, Iran is still the leading state sponsor of terrorism, they're still a theocracy that can't move into the modern world and they proved that with how the suppressed the people in the protests that were widespread not long after Obama was elected.

A mistake was made 16 years ago in Iraq, we should have never went there. Iran drew first blood in 79 and it was under a weak man named Carter.

Closing the Hormuz Strait will drastically hurt the world economy in Far East Asian nations and that economic crash will be felt all over the world.

It's been a long time coming what seems to be getting ready to happen in Iran; 40 years is no small amount of time. What I don't want to see is the US and a few European countries tasked with dealing with the problem, the UAE, the Saudis and Israelis need to get their hands dirty too.

There is not going to be a peaceful solution with Iran, so the only choice is toughen up before the fight begins.

22. 1776

1776 NES Member

Unleash Israel, it will be quietly taken care of

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  23. Rekonn

Rekonn NES Member

Yup, exactly. The warmongering has begun. Pay attention to who is on which side.

View: https://youtu.be/wVJXLlEE5bU

The5thDentist and SHOCKNAWE like this.
  24. Waher

Waher NES Member

Eh, US should launch a feint while Saudi Arabia and Israel perform the real air-strikes against strategic targets. Let them fight their own damn war with all the toys we've sold to them. Just provide them the technical assistance and satellite imagery.

Iranian missiles on boats in the Persian Gulf was 'credible threat' that sparked US evacuations | Daily Mail Online

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  25. smokey-seven

smokey-seven NES Member

Strait of Hormuz, if this does not scare you, you are way out of the loop: 10 mins

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uo4_jvjiKY

whalerman69 and The5thDentist like this.
  26. The5thDentist

The5thDentist NES Life Member NES Member

This will blow your mind. From the Albanian Daily News. English news service for the Albanian diaspora. Rand Paul needs this info so he can launch an investigation into these claims.

Bolton's Plans For A False Flag Op Involving MEK Are Already Underway

[I had to screenshot it because whatever software they use doesn't seem to allow for copying text.]

ADN.png

SHOCKNAWE likes this.
  27. xtry51

xtry51

I don't believe any news about the ME as a basic starting point for life. We shouldn't be there and places like Saudi Arabia are oppressive cesspools. It's just a giant breeding ground for wars and corruption due to oil wealth.

new guy likes this.
  28. Daddy Mac

Daddy Mac NES Member

Time to make Iran great again.

29. T-Unit

T-Unit

All you people want to talk about false flags and such, I'm not saying those things don't exist, heck the biggest false flag was the US knowing that Japan was going to attack Pearl Harbor and did nothing to better defend the area. Iran is not a friend of the US, it's been an enemy of the US for 40 years. There's no negotiating with them, they lie just like any politician does. There's no need for them to own nuclear weapons, they're not being invaded like Iraq in the 80s, they have a strong conventional military.

They will use their nukes once they get them and if Iran gets nukes, so too will Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, and Egypt. Then all these nations will be firing them off at each other.

The people in Iran don't support the theocratic regime, they're tired of it, they want to move into a modern society like Egypt or Turkey. They tried to rise up in 2009, but they did it while Obama and Valerie Jarrett were in charge and the uprising burned out.

After deposing Saddam, there's only one solution to Iran now and that's to destroy the regime's infrastructure and arm the people to rebel and overthrow the Ayatollahs, similar to what was done in Libya, but the difference being that the Iranian people are more civilized than Libyans.

30. Waher

Waher NES Member

Problem is you don't know if you'll get a normal republic or another ISIS/Afghanistan/Libya.

Rekonn, mwalsh9152 and xtry51 like this.