• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2 Rhode Island school districts to have parents sign storage compliance letter

“…obligations regarding secure storage of firearms in their homes.”

But not RIs pool fence laws? Rhode Island Swimming Pool and Spa Code - Rhode Island Department of State

Seat belts & car seats? Seat Belt Laws & Car Seat Recommendations | Rhode Island State Police

Combustible liquid storage laws? http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/Statutes/TITLE23/23-28.22/INDEX.HTM

Come on RI schools, your not focusing on the top causes of childhood injury and death!

If they were notifying CCW holders where they could safely lock up their firearms while at schools, that might be another thing…

If they were notifying CCW holders where they could safely lock up their firearms while at schools, that might be another thing…
No it wouldn’t. No one should have to remove their CCW and lock it up somewhere against their will. Schools are the prime target for mass murder because the people inside of schools are well-known to be unarmed. Forcing CCW holders to disarm themselves is creating more of the problem and not less of it.

No it wouldn’t. No one should have to remove their CCW and lock it up somewhere against their will. Schools are the prime target for mass murder because the people inside of schools are well-known to be unarmed. Forcing CCW holders to disarm themselves is creating more of the problem and not less of it.
I figured that comment would draw such a response. I agree with you, of course but at least they would be notifying parents about compliance with laws governing school property rather than within their own homes.

Should school administrators and teachers have to sign documents for parents every year acknowledging their duties and responsibilities to teach their children without injecting personal ideological bias? Yes, but that will never happen.

The "meet to discuss/act on creating a registry of kids whose parents have guns in their homes" part is the most concerning piece of this.

Based on a quick read, the signature is just an acknowledgement that the letter was read, though. It is not an admission of the sin of owning firearms.

View: https://twitter.com/laurieinri/status/1621891539294162946

Based on less of a read, they're basically sending a letter to parents advising them how to safely store a weapon?

Why don't they just ask the NRA to mail bomb the town with their safety pamphlets? It's already written. And sitting in warehouses, baled on pallets, waiting for mail campaigns...

Last edited:
The "meet to discuss/act on creating a registry of kids whose parents have guns in their homes" part is the most concerning piece of this.
it just shows what sort of people now prevails the populous.
witches were burned on town plazas not because the inquisition was bad. it was just what 'people' craved.

it just shows what sort of people now prevails the populous.
witches were burned on town plazas not because the inquisition was bad. it was just what 'people' craved.

Yup. "If it saves just one life" is used to justify absolutely anything.

The People's Republic of Rhode Island is at it again.

Not my problem

Ugh. Ginagina GayMando was on Freakanomics this week. I made it about 5 min in with Dubby gushing over her. Oh gosh. Ginagina is great - as long as you do exactly as Ginagina wants. She's a Dick-tater. She fit in quite well in RI politics.

Pure feel-good virtue signaling.
If such a letter were to be created and sent home for signature one might consider that not signing and returning is likely to be considered de facto evidence of gun ownership. I would question whether school committees or departments have the legal authority to issue such requests with penalty of perjury <wink> <wink>

Pure feel-good virtue signaling.
If such a letter were to be created and sent home for signature one might consider that not signing and returning is likely to be considered de facto evidence of gun ownership. I would question whether school committees or departments have the legal authority to issue such requests with penalty of perjury <wink> <wink>
As best I understand it, unless the document is a notarized, signed and dated affidavit or some other official government form or application, the words "under penalties of perjury" are meaningless if just attached to any general stationary.

Will the teachers volunteer to sign forms stating;

A) We will not sexually abuse your children
B) We will not push our political views left or right onto children who have no concept of politics
C) We will make sure all of our mental health medication is safely stored in our own homes
D) We will make sure all of our marijuana, mushrooms, cocaine and any other illicit drugs we use are safely stored in our own homes
E) We will not subject your children to sexually pervasive drag queen shows
F) We will not tell your children to disobey their parents or hide anything from their parents on our behalf
G) We will protect your children with our lives if need be
H) We will personally scour our school libraries for books that include sexual perversion and have them removed immediately
I) We will not indoctrinate your children to hate America
J) We will not indoctrinate your children to hate you
K) We will monitor school restrooms and locker rooms and make sure no children are being sexually assaulted or intimidated by opposing sexes who do not belong in there
L) We will contact parents immediately for any discipline problems that cannot be corrected on the spot - without calling the police who have no training to deal with child discipline

** I could go on but I’m already bored with this exercise in failure of our school system educators and administrators

If we can get them started with that list and stay the f*** out of students homes unless there are obvious signs of abuse that need further investigation, maybe the next generation of kids won’t be such f***ed up America hating pink haired communist pussies.

Back
Top Bottom