2 retired state troopers indicted for illegally disposing of department weapons, accepting free guns

They should have gone the safer route and got paid for details and overtime they didn't work. The "unearned" income could have been used to pay for guns.

Apparently, it's a low-risk operation, "No criminal charges for officers investigated in Medford police detail scandal".
No criminal charges for officers investigated in Medford police detail scandal

45 officers investigated, 27 found to have collected pay for detail hours they didn't work, and no one facing criminal charges.

They should have gone the safer route and got paid for details and overtime they didn't work. The "unearned" income could have been used to pay for guns.

Apparently, it's a low-risk operation, "No criminal charges for officers investigated in Medford police detail scandal".

45 officers investigated, 27 found to have collected pay for detail hours they didn't work, and no one facing criminal charges.
Unbelievable.

Thats what happens when you live in and work for the "Police State".

When the time comes, they won't be charged for murdering you trying to take your guns either.

Well, that is the same PD that let some drunk guy with a badge point a gun at a citizen in traffic and he got let off with "please retire".

-Mike

OK so with taking a plea, the possible sentence was it a felony? Are they going back on the payroll? Do they only carry on the badge then? If not going back on MSP's payroll are they NOW a prohibited person? Lots of questions run thru my head.

They retired.

I don't know the details of the CWOF, but after they finish the probation they will not be a PP, as they will not have any criminal convictions. They may be prohibited to have firearms during the probation however, though I’m unsure. Now if they violate the terms of their probation, that changes things.

They still get their pension.

When you commit crimes as a cop, it literally does pay.

If I did this in the Marines I'd be in prison for a very long time.
According to authorities, in February 2015, Wosny decided, without the knowledge or approval of his supervisors, to do an exchange of state police weapons with Jurek Bros. — a firearms dealer and state police vendor in Greenfield — for store credit towards the purchase of new weapons.

Wilmot allegedly collected roughly 200 weapons, including rifles, shotguns and handguns, at the armory.

All of the weapons were deemed obsolete, unserviceable or non-issuable.

Wosny was transferred out of the armory in September 2015. In October 2015, Wilmot allegedly took four Colt upper receivers, more than 100 high capacity plastic magazines and approximately 23 Troy upper receivers from the armory.

The following month, in November 2015, Wilmot and Wosny met at the state police armory, where Wosny took three of the Troy upper receivers and Wilmot retained two Colt uppers, over 100 high capacity plastic magazines and 13-15 Troy uppers, authorities said.

I'm not sure I get the whole thing. I mean yes I see the law but were they bribed to do something corrupt via the free rifles or was it just a dignitary gift? The 200 guns were to be disposed, theft? Not really.

Where I work its common practice (and even policy last I saw) to allow employees to take home most items that are to be disposed - nothing prohibits selling them.

I get that it broke a policy, and they ought to be fired for it, facing whatever consequences comes with that, but doesn't strike me as criminal.

I'm not sure I get the whole thing. I mean yes I see the law but were they bribed to do something corrupt via the free rifles or was it just a dignitary gift? The 200 guns were to be disposed, theft? Not really.

Where I work its common practice (and even policy last I saw) to allow employees to take home most items that are to be disposed - nothing prohibits selling them.

I get that it broke a policy, and they ought to be fired for it, facing whatever consequences comes with that, but doesn't strike me as criminal.

Lol... are you serious?

They are public officials that received kickbacks.

They forged documentation hiding their actions.

They also stole several rifle parts, magazines etc.

They are criminals that got away with it because they are MSP.

Lol... are you serious?

They are public officials that received kickbacks.

They forged documentation hiding their actions.

They also stole several rifle parts, magazines etc.

They are criminals that got away with it because they are MSP.

I didn't read the magazine detail, which is akin to shoplifting a baseball hat, but specifically the article said the guns were supposed to be disposed, ie trash.

To me if the guns were really to be disposed of, I don't care how much money they made off it, what was given to them etc etc. I do not see it as a crime rather breaking a policy. If the guns were to remain property of the state ya I agree, theft, but article says to be disposed.

I didn't read the magazine detail, which is akin to shoplifting a baseball hat, but specifically the article said the guns were supposed to be disposed, ie trash.

To me if the guns were really to be disposed of, I don't care how much money they made off it, what was given to them etc etc. I do not see it as a crime rather breaking a policy. If the guns were to remain property of the state ya I agree, theft, but article says to be disposed.

Seriously?

The guys who stole them are the ones who determined they needed "disposing" of, in order to personally profit from it.

You think that's okay?

Heck, even minimum wage super market employees don't get to keep damaged product that otherwise just gets thrown out precisely because then mysteriously products start coming in damaged all the time!

You have so rock solid ethics.

Seriously?

The guys who stole them are the ones who determined they needed "disposing" of, in order to personally profit from it.

You think that's okay?

Heck, even minimum wage super market employees don't get to keep damaged product that otherwise just gets thrown out precisely because then mysteriously products start coming in damaged all the time!

You have so rock solid ethics.

Ok I get it, didn't realize they both marked them and "disposed" of them, thought it was only the latter.

Last edited:
End result.

Don’t be a civilian gun owner.
This is just bad. Any of us would have had the guns shoved up our asses, ruined family, friends and lost every asset we owned or would ever own.
What a role model ruling.

I wonder if anyone at the Pension Board has the balls to revoke their pensions as this was Official misconduct.. theft of State property.

been sick as dog for 4 friggn days
that comment made me both laugh & smile
thank you for your wonderful sarcasm my brother

Back
Top Bottom