• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2 quick SBR Form 4 questions

Hello everyone.

I have 2 (for starters anyway) questions on filling out the AFT form 4 for starting the SBR. On the form there is a section that asks for your FFL. If I have a C&R I am assuming that I would put the C&R Lic # in that section. Yes or No

Secondly, Additional description. It states "include all numbers and identifying data which will appear on the firearm". I am aware you have to have the SBR Lower engraved with some information (I think it will need the makers info and my city and state -- I could be wrong)
What exactly would I put in this section of the form (Additional description)? ____________________________________

I have just started the process and would appreciate any and all info that anyone can provide.

1st, if you are building an SBR you need to use Form 1, Form 4 is for transferring an already built SBR.

If you have a C&R FFL, you can put that # there

For Descriptin, I put the the name and address of the original manufactuer. In my case I put Bushmasters Info.

I am buying the lower and will register that as a SBR. Then I will be buying the upper from a vendor on AR 15 (to be built to my specs..ie hand guards, barrel length, sights etc.)

That was my ? on form 1 or 4. What would apply to me? ....Still form 1?

if you are buying a lower and registering it as sbr yourself, then form 1. If you are buying an already registered spr lower, then form 4.

<strike>Do you need to inform the state of MA if you build/buy an SBR?</strike> nevermind saw the over forum on SBRs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom