• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2 optics, 2 guns: make a heavy gun heavier or…

Mass-diver

NES Member
Im trying to make up my mind on this one and I’m curious what others what do:

Rifles:

1.) old school 14.5 Noveske with a monolithic upper. I have owned this rifle for over 10years, it runs great, but it is really heavy

2.) 16” noveske SS with keymod rail. Even with the longer/heavier barrel, it’s noticeable lighter than the 14.5

Both on pre-‘94 lowers with gesissle triggers

Optics:

1.) 3x ACOG
2.) vortex razor 1-6 LPVO

Would you pair the lighter optic (ACOG) with the lighter rifle or vice versa? Obviously no right or wrong answer, but any feedback is welcome.

F93FED59-5CE6-48EE-9B8D-CA169E00ECEE.jpeg 14E418C3-FBC8-42D1-B579-9C106203D4EA.jpeg

I strive to keep my guns as lean as possible. Never hitched myself to the LPVO wagon.

I strive to keep my guns as lean as possible. Never hitched myself to the LPVO wagon.
Ya, I really have come to like light guns and I was super tempted to get another ACOG just due to weight.

My “class gun” is a lightweight 11.5 build with a T1. But, I’m still looking forward to playing around with the LPVO.

Ya, I really have come to like light guns and I was super tempted to get another ACOG just due to weight.

My “class gun” is a lightweight 11.5 build with a T1. But, I’m still looking forward to playing around with the LPVO.
I'd like to have one on an 18 inch and make it into an SPR style gun.

Perhaps think of them as slightly different tools for slightly different purposes.

REAL CLOSE (and convenient): I have an AR Pistol with a 10 inch barrel, red dot and flashlight for a house/truck gun.

CLOSE: I have a DDM4A1 setup with a flashlight and red dot for anything up to 100 yards.

MEDIUM: I have a Noveske upper with a Vortex 1-6 that's good for 100 to 400 yards, (and could be shot closer if necessary).

LONG: I have a CMMG upper with a 20" barrel and a 3-9 ?? that's good out to 500 yards; (that could be better, but I pretty much suck with a rifle). This one's really no good for anything less than 100, it's set up with a bipod.

Perhaps think of them as slightly different tools for slightly different purposes.

REAL CLOSE (and convenient): I have an AR Pistol with a 10 inch barrel, red dot and flashlight for a house/truck gun.

CLOSE: I have a DDM4A1 setup with a flashlight and red dot for anything up to 100 yards.

MEDIUM: I have a Noveske upper with a Vortex 1-6 that's good for 100 to 400 yards, (and could be shot closer if necessary).

LONG: I have a CMMG upper with a 20" barrel and a 3-9 ?? that's good out to 500 yards; (that could be better, but I pretty much suck with a rifle). This one's really no good for anything less than 100, it's set up with a bipod.
or:
real close/tactical: 16" tavor x95 with a 3x prism, light, laser, 2moa accurate. a pleasure to shoot from the hip or do quick drills with, perfect balance.
close: ar15 16" light pencil barrel, 1-10x lpvo, light, laser, 3/4moa accurate. had a red dot at 45deg angle but it got dropped to reduce weight and did not add much good anyway.
medium: ar15 20" 5-25x scope, 1/2 moa accurate.

all .223 guns set and tuned for a same load and all known how they shoot a standard steel tula.

long - AR10, 20", 5-24x scope.
real long: 6.5CM AR10 and bolt gun, also zeroed for a same load.

a 1-6x lpvo travels around, but does not stick nowhere for a long enough time. 6x is good enough to hit a 1" circle at 100yds, so, it is more than capable, but - ...

Back
Top Bottom