• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2 More Weeks til LTC

Idoktr

NES Member
Spoke to FPD. Has been 4 weeks now since I submitted paperwork/fingerprints. They said all set with them, sent to state and will be 1-2 more weeks............
Went to S&W on Wed with friend and shot . Had a great time. They have a weird policy. If you are not licensed you cannot go alone. However 2 unlicensed people can go and shoot.......?

Stewart

They figure if your alone you want to commit suicide. Good luck, be prepared for your wait to be longer than 2 weeks.

As of March 2 2012 the FRB is currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments in the third week of February (February 11th - February 17th).

Is the above a reliable timetable? This was posted on the MA DCJS web.

I'm thinking it is reliable for the purposes of the MA DCJS only. What impact it has on individual's LTC delivery date is unknown. I don't think it's worth the effort to try and figure it out. The best thing we can do is track our individual wait times and report them in the forum section keeping track of the wait times.
Best regards.

As of March 2 2012 the FRB is currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments in the third week of February (February 11th - February 17th).

Is the above a reliable timetable? This was posted on the MA DCJS web.

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/agencies/dcjis/

Hmm... Wtf my FID stuff was done on Jan 27 and I still haven't gotten it. :(

Took me almost 3 years to get mine. I moved out of town shortly after I applied for it, afterward the police chief called to confirm, I told him the situation and he said to come back to talk about it. Part time=he was in the office never when I was able to get up there. Finally I put a call in, they had recently changed chiefs, and the new chief was "just about to call me" because they were clearing up old LTC/FID paperwork. Went in 2 weeks later and got my laminated-paper LTC.
Good luck on getting yours though, I've heard as early as 3 weeks->3 months

Well, your two weeks from 2/20 will be up this Monday, so here's hoping for you!

Yea I'm definately hoping and Wednesday is my 8th week since I was told 6-8 weeks after my prints and photos and that would actually be the 40th (business) day. If not I'm going to have to give them a call Friday.

Back
Top Bottom