2 meter Repeaters

Remsport Mfg

NES Member
What 2 meter repeaters do you use? I would like to try and hit some of the repeaters in the eastern part of the state or at least give it a try. I am in Wilbraham this is just east of Springfield and have a ground plane on my house and can run 75 watts.
let me know your call sign and the repeaters you use. I currently use the Mt Tom Repeater 146.940 tone 127.3
Thanks
John
KC1ABV

I mostly listen to the 146.91 repeater on Greylock (tone 162.2). I'm still using the baofeng but that's just until I get the 857 set up. I know Greylock isn't east, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Isn't there some ass chunking all the repeaters in East MA or is he done being a dick ?

I'm sure many have seen this link listing New England Repeaters. Being in metrowest Boston and using a 4W HT Baofeng I typically can only pick up those repeaters that are +- 10 miles from I-95/128. Most of the activity I hear seems to be on the Westford, Waltham and Billerica repeaters. The Concord and Belmont (MA) sites have terrific range but they seem to have only limited activity.

I've programmed one of my Baofengs for Mass, one for NH & Maine, and one for Metro NYC and Connecticut. I always take them with me whenever I travel since 9/11. That day cell and telephone communications were unusable for many hours after the attack. I never again want to be so cut-off from being able to communicate in the event of another national emergency. When I travel outside of those areas I either program in some of the local repeaters or print out a list of repeater frequencies to bring with me that can be used if needed.

http://www.nerepeaters.com/2m.htm

I have this list. All I wanted to know was what repeaters were being used by the hams on NES and
call signs so I could try to make contact.

Can you hit Waltham? I can hit Paxton easily but I think you're another 30 miles from there.
Maybe Westford?

What kind of radio do you have? If you have SSB we might be able to talk simplex.

Just tryed I can not hit the Waltham repeater sorrhy.

I will try to hit the Waltham repeater 146.640 - tone 136.5 I have a Yaesu FT2900R what is your call sign.

Last edited:
KN1Q
I'm leaving the office in a while. Once I get in the car I'll have access to a radio. I'll try and keep a radio with me from then on.

I will try to hit the Waltham repeater 146.640 - tone 136.5 I have a Yaesu FT2900R what is your call sign.

I have this list. All I wanted to know was what repeaters were being used by the hams on NES and
call signs so I could try to make contact.

When I got my new thf6a a year or so ago I tried all the repeaters between Framingham and Boston and didn't really find much activity. On Saturday morning I might catch a couple of guys talking traffic while I head south on 128, but I was a bit disappointed that even with a really good half wave roof mount I couldn't find much activity.

With just the ht, I can't even key up most of the repeaters from where I live. Framingham is the exception.

Back
Top Bottom