• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2 Guns Seized From Malden Home: Police

Not really, I’m just not running around whining that the police are against me. How about don’t break the law to start and go from there

The nature of a law being a law, by itself, does not make it just.

These kinds of cases often turn out to be some drug dealer or gang banger who would use the guns to threaten others. In those cases, I would say good job along with you. But nobody knows the details. What if this is some guy, minding his business, who has one of those MA firearm permits that says “valid for life”, on which the state reneged. Do you still think it’s a good arrest... just because it’s the law?

Last edited:
The nature of a law being a law, by itself, does not make it just.

These kinds of cases often turn out to be some drug dealer or gang banger who would use the guns to threaten others. In those cases, I would say good job along with you. But nobody knows the details. What if this is some guy, minding his business, who has one of those MA firearm permits they says “valid for life”, on which the state reneged. Do you still think it’s a good arrest... just because it’s the law?

No permits are good for life down in Mass.

No permits are good for life down in Mass.

They were. Then the state decided to eliminate them and not grandfather current licenses. There are a lot of people who had those “forever” licenses who never jumped through the hoops to apply for new licenses.

If you’re going to come back with “illegal is illegal” with no acceptance of the concept of unjust laws, then there’s no hope for you. I don’t use the analogy frequently, like some here, or lightly, but that type of thinking is right in line with 1930s Germany or Stalin’s Holodomor grain seizure.

EDIT: I’ll also add that probably 75% of this forum’s members would call me a boot licker or statist. And yet, you’re considerably further down that lane than I am. Take that for what it’s worth, but maybe do a little self reflecting on your view of the morality of various laws.

Last edited:
Not really, I’m just not running around whining that the police are against me. How about don’t break the law to start and go from there

No you just run around proclaiming what a Statist you are. Like you have to break a law to get reamed and a law breaker deserves everything they get. Classic Statism right there.

I trust they will release the details why it was an illegal possession. There are 10 million arrests a year, they know what they are doing. Sure there are a few hiccups, shit happens.

A few hiccups... Lol! A dozen currently active threads prove otherwise. But keep marching on boot licker...

I totally disagree with arresting someone just ‘cause guns’
However, anyone that keeps ammo in a tiny pill bottle must be an a**h***.

Clearly a reloading Cowboy Action Shooter. Now I get why they talk about using Trail Boss under a 250gr "pill." LOL

I'm fuzzy on my federal law - shouldn't McDonald or Heller have bearing on this if he has no criminal record??? Honestly, in about 45 states, provided he's got no priors, this is a non-issue.

"Ossifer! OSSIFER! DAT MAN over dere has gunnnzzzz!!!"

"And?????"

Damn we need some good old fashioned SC rulings on this crap.

They were. Then the state decided to eliminate them and not grandfather current licenses. There are a lot of people who had those “forever” licenses who never jumped through the hoops to apply for new licenses.

If you’re going to come back with “illegal is illegal” with no acceptance of the concept of unjust laws, then there’s no hope for you. I don’t use the analogy frequently, like some here, or lightly, but that type of thinking is right in line with 1930s Germany or Stalin’s Holodomor grain seizure.

EDIT: I’ll also add that probably 75% of this forum’s members would call me a boot licker or statist. And yet, you’re considerably further down that lane than I am. Take that for what it’s worth, but maybe do a little self reflecting on your view of the morality of various laws.

My reply was there are no lifetime permits. Do I like it? No I think it sucks and frankly pisses me off. This is what happens when liberals take over, you continuously lose rights little by little.

No you just run around proclaiming what a Statist you are. Like you have to break a law to get reamed and a law breaker deserves everything they get. Classic Statism right there.

A few hiccups... Lol! A dozen currently active threads prove otherwise. But keep marching on boot licker...

Are all your replies just statist and bootlicker or do you ever actually form an opinion. So a few dozen posts on NES prove there’s a huge problem hahaha that’s genius

My reply was there are no lifetime permits. Do I like it? No I think it sucks and frankly pisses me off. This is what happens when liberals take over, you continuously lose rights little by little.

Your claimed disagreement for the laws runs contrary to your statement that the police did a good job with this arrest and seizure of firearms.

Not really

If that is your stance for the intent of your initial post, then you may want to reassess all future use of the phrase “good work.” There may be a number of instances when you want to use it, but when it is not the appropriate phrase to use.

Illegal possession why? It doesn't say he was a PP. And as I said, pretty sure Maura argued that we could own a gun at home without a license. So why are you bouncing on the big blue do of dils without any more info than "illegal"? Was it just because he did not in fact have an LTC or FID meaning Maura lied about it in court(which we all know to be true)? Or was he a PP?

At one point you could, the law was changed after the younger brother of a gang banger in the hood found an unlicensed gun in their apartment and something bad happened afterwards..... I forget the exact particulars, but I remember that the cops were pissed they could not nail the older brother as it was not illegal at the time to have a gun in your home without a license.

At one point you could, the law was changed after the younger brother of a gang banger in the hood found an unlicensed gun in their apartment and something bad happened afterwards..... I forget the exact particulars, but I remember that the cops were pissed they could not nail the older brother as it was not illegal at the time to have a gun in your home without a license.

Any idea when? I'm pretty sure this was used in the last couple years by the AG's office in court but one of our "IANAL" people may be able to better connect the dots

Any idea when? I'm pretty sure this was used in the last couple years by the AG's office in court but one of our "IANAL" people may be able to better connect the dots

This had to be in the 1990's sometime, I have mentioned it in the past but was unable to find a news article about the shooting... but I remember it well.

This had to be in the 1990's sometime, I have mentioned it in the past but was unable to find a news article about the shooting... but I remember it well.

The thing I'm talking about was Maura, so def not THAT long ago lol. It was one of the recent lawsuits

Back
Top Bottom