• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2 16 year old girls charged with plotting school attack

Conspiracy to commit murder? $1,000,000 bail? No means to execute on the threat? Wow. some DA is trying to get elected to something.

I lost count of the kids I represented as a Special Education Advocate in MA who made bomb threats (One after watching mythbusters), brought knives into school, actually set a school on fire in one town, and in each case the school expelled them and juvi charges were filed. The kids were usually on the spectrum, usually weren't thinking too clearly about consequences if at all, and never understood their right to remain silent so confessed to anyone who would listen.

In every case I was able to return them to school, although not always to the same school. Kids with disabilities are protected by federal regulations from this type of nonsense. Those two girls need psychiatric evaluations, not juvi lockup. (I'm assuming parents aren't leaving killy black rifles all over the house in which case they should be locked up)

Last edited:
They're screwed. For conspiracy, you don't need weapons, or any actual criminal activity. You need two people who plan to commit a crime.

Conspiracy Law in Colorado is Both Complex – and Simple

Criminal conspiracy is when two or more people agree to commit a crime. This crime is used to charge multiple people planning or doing illegal activities. Conspiracy is different because you can be charged with the actual crime and the conspiracy to commit it. For example, if you plan with others to kill someone, you can be charged with murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

In a so called “wheel and hub” conspiracy – the DA proves that this is a single conspiracy rather than multiple conspiracies. It is not necessary to prove that each conspirator knew every other conspirator so long as an overall plan with a common object is shown

The unlawful agreement is the gist of the crime of conspiracy

The relationship between coconspirators is part and parcel of the first element of conspiracy, which involves an agreement, combination, or confederation between two or more persons.

The essential elements of conspiracy are:

(1) An agreement;

(2) a common design between two or more persons;

and

(3) an unlawful purpose to be accomplished, which purpose amounts to a crime in Colorado.

To constitute the crime of conspiracy there must be a combination of two or more persons, the existence of an unlawful purpose to be accomplished, which in Colorado must amount to a crime, and a real agreement, combination, or confederation with a common design; mere passive cognizance of the crime to be committed or mere negative acquiescence is not sufficient

To establish conspiracy there need only be circumstantial evidence that indicates that the conspirators, by their acts, pursued the same objective, with a view toward attainment of the same objective.

Anyone remember this?

Back
Top Bottom