• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1st purchase is a done deal

Finally pulled the trigger on my first firearm.

Went to FS on Tuesday and it was as busy as I have read. Waited for 10 minutes until someone was available. Spent the next 45 minutes deciding and landed on a beretta 92FS 9mm (italian). All set up with safe, eyes and ears, ammo, cleaning kit, etc. Guys at FS were great. Now it's time to clean it and get to the range.

Happy 4th of July

92FS was my first (actually it was a joint first as I got a S&W 1911 at the same time). Still like it and it shoots a charm. Welcome to the expensive but fun world of never having too many guns.

Ah yes I was where you are 15 months ago and my 16 gun safe is full. I have enough room for another pistol and one more rifle. Time to start hanging pistols on the wall.

Congrats and have fun!

Congrats and welcome to the edge of the slippery slope.
Great gun from a great shop.
My wife says NES should have a 12 step program.

GREAT choice, one of favorites right there. I've had my license for just over 4 months and I'm averaging one gun per month :)

Went to FS on Tuesday and it was as busy as I have read. Waited for 10 minutes until someone was available. Spent the next 45 minutes deciding and landed on a beretta 92FS 9mm (italian). All set up with safe, eyes and ears, ammo, cleaning kit, etc. Guys at FS were great. Now it's time to clean it and get to the range.

Happy 4th of July

Congratulations. What's the next planned purchase?

Congrats and welcome to the edge of the slippery slope.
Great gun from a great shop.
My wife says NES should have a 12 step program.

I agree. 12 steps from my car, into the store. 12 steps back. 12 more steps from the car to the range line. Maybe several dozen around the range lining up targets. 12 steps between targets. [smile]

Congratulations. What's the next planned purchase?

Welcome and congratulations on a fine first gun......so do you have #2 picked out yet?...and #3,4,5 [grin]

next up is a .22 for practice and for someone to have something to shoot when I take them to the range. Leaning towards a Mark or the new Ruger SR22. Once wifey get's comfortable with the guns in the house, I'll load up with a Mossberg. That could be a while though...baby steps.

Cool purchase.. I bought my first 4 months ago.. And thought " I'll try it and see how I like it".. Now I have 3 and I'm planning on cutting up my credit cards... Lol.

Its not only the guns.. It's the goodies and gear to go,with it.. Lol

Congrats.. Good luck.. Safety first!

Happy 4th of July

You'll get a +1 for the "pulled the trigger" pun when I get back to a computer

Welcome to the addiction. This forum is really for gunaholics more than anything.

Edit: I just picked up the same Beretta (US made though). Shoots nicely.

Just picked up a two tone 92fs from FS today too. Used but in great condition with 4 mags, 2 of which were hicap. Gave them an offer I was sure they'd refuse but they accepted.

Just picked up a two tone 92fs from FS today too. Used but in great condition with 4 mags, 2 of which were hicap. Gave them an offer I was sure they'd refuse but they accepted.

They tried to sell me the same one. What did you get it for if you don't mind me asking? Was in perfect condition.

Happy 4th of July

Congrats and welocome the sport! I think you made a great call with the 92, fun range gun and very capable for home defense.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom