1st purchase dealer or ftf?

that would be a good deal. Although the gen 1 shields can be had right now for 249 I think with rebates. Did you say where you are located?

I would be careful about getting involved with co-workers, especially involving firearms. None of my co-workers know that my wife and I own guns and I want to keep it that way. MA has an ERPO law and all it would take is one dispute between two co-workers, especially over a gun deal that went bad, to trigger the ERPO. Gun grab at your home by police that makes the news, potential loss of your job and fringe benefits....a lot of risk to save a few bucks.

Browse the classifieds here. Most folks who sell on NES are familiar with the process and can guide you through it. EFA10 is simple and relatively painless, but the first time is intimidating.

Selling someone their first FTF gun is like taking someone to the range for the first time. It’s a good deed that opens their eyes to a larger world.

I would be careful about getting involved with co-workers, especially involving firearms. None of my co-workers know that my wife and I own guns and I want to keep it that way. MA has an ERPO law and all it would take is one dispute between two co-workers, especially over a gun deal that went bad, to trigger the ERPO. Gun grab at your home by police that makes the news, potential loss of your job and fringe benefits....a lot of risk to save a few bucks.

Dude they've already talked about it and haven't gotten fired.... it's a little late for the horse to be put back in the barn.

-Mike

Mass Gun Portal is easy peasy, I'm not a super crazy gun collector either and I've only done the Portal thing twice. One guy was a Worcester cop, the other was a buddy of mine, both went smoothly. Make sure you both have your licenses with you. [grin]

It’s funny I work in high tech and there’s a ton of gun nuts. I’m fact a bunch of us are all going shooting together tomorrow.

I would stop and think longer and harder about what you want your first (only, for now?) gun for, before deciding on where to buy it.

Do you *want* a carry gun? It's small, light, and these types of guns are usually not particularly fun or accurate to shoot. They're small so that you'll be able to carry concealed easier, more often. And in a life-threatening situation it's better to have any gun than no gun. That's why they make this little guns.

But do you want that as your only?

Guns that are a little bigger, a little heavier, and with longer sight radius makes for more enjoyable range sessions. For training, practice, home defense and target shooting, you don't have to worry about concealability. More-accurate guns are more fun to shoot, more often.

Maybe look at a full-size M&P9. The 'range kit' is sometimes available with extra mags, an Uplula, etc. There are a lot of other polymer guns from Sig, Glock, Ruger, Springfield, etc.

I don't want to talk you OUT of the Shield. it's probably a fine gun.

I would stop and think longer and harder about what you want your first (only, for now?) gun for, before deciding on where to buy it.

Do you *want* a carry gun? It's small, light, and these types of guns are usually not particularly fun or accurate to shoot. They're small so that you'll be able to carry concealed easier, more often. And in a life-threatening situation it's better to have any gun than no gun. That's why they make this little guns.

But do you want that as your only?

Guns that are a little bigger, a little heavier, and with longer sight radius makes for more enjoyable range sessions. For training, practice, home defense and target shooting, you don't have to worry about concealability. More-accurate guns are more fun to shoot, more often.

Maybe look at a full-size M&P9. The 'range kit' is sometimes available with extra mags, an Uplula, etc. There are a lot of other polymer guns from Sig, Glock, Ruger, Springfield, etc.

I don't want to talk you OUT of the Shield. it's probably a fine gun.

I get what your saying, i've done some researches on some beginner guns and have found numerous people say shield, along with the Springfield xd. I did sort of jump the gun and go with the first deal that came up, being convinced on prices and consistantly hearing good things about it. I have shot the shield, springfield and p365. I've felt completely confident and comfortable with the shield (even though the 10lb trigger took some getting use to). But this deal not going through is giving me some time to really search for others.

Im typically looking for something to carry once in a while when i feel like im going somewhere out of my norm, but mainly home defense and i would want to get into target shooting. Im a fairly small guy so i dont want anything that with brand itself because i typically wear fitted clothing. But maybe ill get something comfortable for home defense and practice shooting and look for a carry down the line.

Back
Top Bottom