• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1st Excecution in New England in 45yrs

derek said:
What I dont understand is why it took 20 years to execute the sentence.
I don't think anyone who supports capital punishment understands that. He basically begged them to do it. The "Do Gooders" didn't care about him, they used him to further their own cause to stop it.

We've got a Federal Trial going on right now in VT. I hope they execute the perp. I'll even volunteer to be the firing squad, if they'll let me. The victim is connected to my family.

I really wish they would let the victim and the victim's family have the convicted party to do as they wish. IMO that would deter some crimes.

derek said:
I really wish they would let the victim and the victim's family have the convicted party to do as they wish. IMO that would deter some crimes.

I agree, however, the libs would scream "cruel and unusual punishmeent". <snort> It's called justice in MY book.

Lynne said:
derek said:

I agree, however, the libs would scream "cruel and unusual punishmeent". <snort> It's called justice in MY book.

They think that simply putting a murderer on death row is cruel and unusual punishment. All those convicted are considered "victims" in their own right.

Back
Top Bottom