• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1994 Honda Accord EX - $252

tuna

NES Member
1994 Accord EX - $252, I'm in East Longmeadow, you figure a way to get this. I've got a clean title on this. I'll post pics later. I'm offering it to NES for a week before going to the public.

Starts every time, engine is great. It needs work, which you should have figured out from the price. You can probably get this inspection ready for under $500, or you can use it for a derby / rally car, or you can use it as a target.

I skidded into a guard rail at about 20mph one time. Slight damage to front driver’s side – not significant, but enough to make me not want to put any more money into the car to fix it.

List of what’s broken (* inspection item):

Right rear rotor grooved – finally replaced right brake pads, didn’t replace left rear pads, they are in the back seat. It still stops, the new pad will wear into the groove.

Front end alignment needed - badly. I replaced the right tie rod and didn't get an alignment. I didn't replace the right tie rod, but I have it in the back seat if you want to do it before the alignment.

*Bald tires – due to alignment. 4 “nice” rims and 2 steel rims. Tires are at 40 – 10%. Two have wires sticking out – surprisingly, the wires don’t offer any extra traction on wet or dry pavement.

*Left front light lens – broken from guard rail hit. All the “real” lights (head lights, high beams, turn signal) work – but the side marker lights are broken / gone.

*Windshield washer inoperative. Smashed in the hit to the guardrail.

Ground plug – front driver’s side. This caused headaches from that little bump to the guard rail. Turning on the headlights would turn on the windshield wipers. I finally figured out how to get all the lights to work, and the wipers to work independently, by cutting off the smashed ground plug and splicing the wires together in a way that would make an electrician have a seizure. It works pretty well, but is ugly and can be fixed better if you desire.

Right CV boot is a rubber glove. I got frustrated at the torn existing one, and cut the SOB off and stuck a glove onto the axle and held it on with duct tape. Has held up pretty well.

Air Conditioning doesn’t work. All the windows go up and down, however. Driver’s side window is a little slow – but not too bad.

Ignition is quirky – has been good since I WD-40’d it, but takes a little playing to get it to turn. My key got stuck in it once, and I tore up the casing a little to get it out.

Lock – same quirkiness. Also, only the driver door can be unlocked with the key.

Locks – Auto door lock cycles repeatedly when you start to drive, or try to lock it. Also, in order to lock the car, you have to push down the lock button from the back seat. Annoying as shit, but really, why are you locking this car?

Paint – looks like it was painted by a 4 year old. It was, and we didn’t wash it first, nor did we tape up anything. Went from all the colors just thrown on, to camouflage, to flat black with orange stripes and BB-8 on the roof (trying to look like Poe Dameron’s X-Wing fighter), now just flat black with BB8 on the roof. Pretty good job for a kid, though – it looks “decent” from more than 20 feet away.

*Exhaust – one hole patched with a piece of metal, needs another piece of soda can though as its getting loud again. Also, the pipe is separating from the muffler itself – when jammed in it is quiet enough.

*Ebrake – doesn’t hold. This may have been fixed when I put the pads on, but I didn’t check so I’m listing it as broken.

*Check Engine Light – just started coming on the last week I was driving it. Probably for the muffler. But it is a 94, so it shouldn’t be a big deal.

Anything I forgot is purely an oversight, and not an attempt to deceive you into thinking this is better than it is, this is pure "rapid rubbish" but reliable and priced to move. I just got a “new” car to start off with new problems rather than fix this for slightly less.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom