• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1994 AWB *Was* Effective

MaverickNH

NES Member
Effective at driving gunowners to mistrust any pollster asking about guns.

After the 1994 AWB was enacted, about 1/3rd of gunowners stopped responding honestly to polls asking if they kept guns in their home. Does anyone really think 1/3rd of homes (51% in 1993 to 34% in 1999) got rid of their guns in 6 years?

E505420A-D57D-40DB-AA48-842B9F86462A.png

I always laugh my ass off when polls say things like "...among gun owners, the numbers were..." or "...among NRA members..."

Any poll that includes self-identified sub-groups is complete bullshit.

I always laugh my ass off when polls say things like "...among gun owners, the numbers were..." or "...among NRA members..."

Any poll that includes self-identified sub-groups is complete bullshit.

Yep - in one poll several-fold more surveyed self-identified as NRA members than NRA claimed, with many happy to have Universal Background Check laws enacted. Yeah, sure...

After the 1994 AWB was enacted, about 1/3rd of gunowners stopped responding honestly to polls asking if they kept guns in their home. Does anyone really think 1/3rd of homes (51% in 1993 to 34% in 1999) got rid of their guns in 6 years?

This could still be factual if 17% of gun owners moved their firearms from the house... to the shed. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom