• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1983 Russian SVD Unfired

btnh6668

NES Member
Can you guys move discussion about Russian girls somewhere else?

So I am curious about provenance on this. The seller claims it to be "unfired" because of the chip in the handguard. Well, all SVDs had to be tested at the factory with first two shots placing into 8cm circle at 100meters or sent out back for fixing. SOP. All test ammo is corrosive so bore is cleaned and preserved for transport/ packing.

Something else from collectors forums in the motherland. Some well thought out items in the west are refurbed, fixed and outright forged for much less. With 18k on the line, it makes me wander real hard about legitimacy of this, especially if seller and all the buyers in the chain are interested in preserving that legitimacy down the line to guard it's resale value.

Rifle was manufactured in '83, 8 years before Soviet collapse and still in un-issued condition. The only way I see it, somewhere Afganistan bring back?

Wow. Up to $22K now with 9 days left to go on the auction. That is going to get some serious coin by the end. Not rich enough to buy something like that. Especially unseen.

Rifle was manufactured in '83, 8 years before Soviet collapse and still in un-issued condition
the better question would be - where was it at the time from '83 to '91, as it had to be somewhere, and most likely NOT in the private ownership.
anyway, whatever.

Back
Top Bottom