• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NFA SBR engraving in Mass

Glad to see the magwell is working for Jack's, seems to be good advertising; does he have a jig setup yet? lol

I have another couple that will need engraving soon, may have to go back for a visit.
Haha, no jig but I do complain about some guy who thought of that and now everyone wants it.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Got approved Tuesday. I had some free time today, So I called up Jacks Machine Company to see if they had availability and told me to come on down. Was in and out in a total of 5 min. Got to watch it happen and make final say on it, not just a you get what we give you.

Talked to the guy at the desk (Mike?) very friendly and told me they just received their FFL.

I will be back for my next NFA item.

- - - Updated - - -

They are great guys down there. I havent had an engraving done but I would not hesitate to use them. They are just another 30 min further from me than Jacks is.

http://www.a10armsandammo.com
http://www.nitorlaser.com/Firearms.aspx

These guys are in Southwick. Not sure of their prices. My form is pending so I'll stop in and talk to them pretty soon.

Stopped by gnwlaser to get my engraving done. In and out quickly and it looks great at good price. I would recommend them (Harry is the owner).

Stopped by gnwlaser to get my engraving done. In and out quickly and it looks great at good price. I would recommend them (Harry is the owner).

Just called Harry at GNW this morning. Apparently he doesn't want anything to do with firearms anymore.

Any other places near Metro-west that will do this, preferably on a weekend?

I went down to Jack's a couple weeks ago to get 3 lowers done. I had called the previous day to see if they had time, and went down the next day. In and out and very nice to deal with.

I went down to Jack's a couple weeks ago to get 3 lowers done. I had called the previous day to see if they had time, and went down the next day. In and out and very nice to deal with.

Are they only open Monday through Friday? I'm hoping to avoid taking time off from work.

Thanks.

Are they only open Monday through Friday? I'm hoping to avoid taking time off from work.

Thanks.

I took the morning off from work as i was coming from west of Worcester. I didn't ask about weekends at the time and having been there, it seems unlikely. They are a job shop, their equipment can run for extended periods of time without people, so you might be able to get in if they have some job that requires folks to come in on a weekend, but I doubt its norm. It was helpful knowing I had an "appointment" so-to-speak, I called to confirm before heading out too and they were ready when I arrived so it was in and out for me.

Thanks.

They did do do a Saturday engraving day, but didn't get the commitment they were hoping for if I remember correctly.

so mostly just during normal working days ' hours

They did do do a Saturday engraving day, but didn't get the commitment they were hoping for if I remember correctly.

so mostly just during normal working days ' hours

Thanks. I called and am going down there Monday. I have the day off, but they are working.

For you guys that got it done at Jack's, do I need to remove my stock and tube? Hoping I can at least leave the tube in place. Planning in getting it done on the side of the magwell.

I had stripped lowers engraved on the magwell. The guy taking care of me was real nice, he looked like he was twenty but had been working there for a number of years and had started there when he was 16 as a side / summer gig. But I digress, he was just able to lay the lower in the machine, no clamps, just supports so they probably have something that can support the tube to make it work. You are able to see the layout superimposed directly on the lower before the laser does its thing. I was surprised at how small the font size could be. Good luck with your job.

Just had my engraving done at Jacks Machine Company. Excellent service as others said, they know what size/depth is required. Got to chat with the machinist (Bill) while it was done. Highly recommend.

I had stripped lowers engraved on the magwell. The guy taking care of me was real nice, he looked like he was twenty but had been working there for a number of years and had started there when he was 16 as a side / summer gig. But I digress, he was just able to lay the lower in the machine, no clamps, just supports so they probably have something that can support the tube to make it work. You are able to see the layout superimposed directly on the lower before the laser does its thing. I was surprised at how small the font size could be. Good luck with your job.

Old post, but I'm 33, haha. Been here 17 years.

We haven't seen many people in for engraving in a while, but for whatever reason the past few weeks I've had like 10 people in for SBR and serial number engraving. Weird.

Old post, but I'm 33, haha. Been here 17 years.

We haven't seen many people in for engraving in a while, but for whatever reason the past few weeks I've had like 10 people in for SBR and serial number engraving. Weird.
Could you do an engraving on 3 sides of a blued 1911 slide, or does the surface need to be flat?

You mean a logo or piece of text that wraps around 3 sides? Yea, can't do that. Needs to be a single flat surface.

You mean a logo or piece of text that wraps around 3 sides? Yea, can't do that. Needs to be a single flat surface.
Basically so it would look like Damascus... Sort of. What I want to do it take a topo map and engrave it over the entire slide. If it won't work, I'd be interested in any ideas to get that look. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom