1943 03A3

MJ1

It feels like winter is over. I was invited out today by my FFL to compare his new 03A3 and he asked me to bring my old 03A3 to compare them. I have not shot this in over 18 years but figured why not. I had a box of LC 53 MATCH stashed away and some LC 57 loaded with 168g SMK's on the back shelf. He scored a very nice, almost too nice rifle with very sharp proofs on the stock but for $1500 it should have been. I should have taken a few pictures but he was busy showing it to his range pals and I could not get an opening. I will see him next week when he delivers my new .44 special and I will bring my 1931 03. Surprisingly I had a few nice three groups just over 1.25". I credit it to my new eyeballs from last years January surgery.

AosiiLi.jpg

qd0cEIi.jpg

Happy Lunar New Year.

GjvNLuN.jpg

Did you verify the local dog population before eating that?

Having been forced to sell my mint 03A3 last year, it was one of the first I replaced when I was able to. This time it was a Smith-Corona. Funny, I also have a 8/31 M03, but with a RIA receiver.

t

The food is from a fundraiser at our local Buddhist Temple to raise money for care of the elderly. This temple had for over 70 years the largest surviving number of Veterans from 442 Reg. Combat Team. Over the last 45 years I have meet some of the highest decorated Infantrymen ever. Humble and Honorable men. When you are BBQ-ing chicken at 4 AM with these guys you learn things. As of last month I think here are only three left alive well into their 90's. There even fewer left from the Viet Nam conflict, the last one my age who lived up the street died five years ago of brain cancer.

Back
Top Bottom