• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Congrats....my wife took the safety course last summer and has had her LTCA since September of 2012! Now you are gonna pay for her LTC though....what is she (or you) going to purchase?

Awesome ! A small silver lining to current events seems to be the stories of women feeling threatened by the rhetoric coming from elected officials and doing their parts to increase the ranks of lawful, responsible firearms owners.

Good on your wife ! And now you can buy her presents that you both enjoy....

She is completely correct. In MA with our regulations any firearm owner who is married should get their wives a LTC. If for some reason you are denied a renewal at least her permit should keep the firearms in your house rather than at a bonded warehouse.
My wife shoots now and again but realizes the money we have in firearms and wants to ensure we protect it the best we can.

Your wife is part of a big movement. In 2005, 13% of women owned a gun. In 2012, the number rose to 25% of women. There is still plenty of growth to come but I was surprised 1 in 4 women owned a gun now.

She is completely correct. In MA with our regulations any firearm owner who is married should get their wives a LTC. If for some reason you are denied a renewal at least her permit should keep the firearms in your house rather than at a bonded warehouse.
My wife shoots now and again but realizes the money we have in firearms and wants to ensure we protect it the best we can.

I agree, one of the reasons I had my wife get her LTC was incase I have to go into a place were I have to leave my gun in the vehicle was because of her... If I got out of the vehicle and left the gun under her control she would not have been legal, now she is...

I encourage all wives to apply for an LTC even if they have no current interest in shooting for a very simple reason.
If something happens to hubby, she will be able to maintain ownership and dispose of them at her leisure - if she so wishes.

Back
Top Bottom