• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTS 1922 Kalamazoo Wood Cookstove

For Sale: 1922 Kalamazoo Wood Cookstove
Firebox has been damaged and patched but it can be used anytime. I'll include a piece of 3/4" plate steel that is more than big enough to repair the imperfection in the firebox. With a little effort you can bring this back to almost new and be cooking homemade bread just like your grandmother used to. Actually the previous owner fixed the firebox and was still using it right up until the day they removed it to sell to me. http://www.barnstablestove.com/ sells the type of repair kits that are basically furnace cement for $50 that will last for years. I think that's what the previous owners used but I'm not positive. If you want to use the stove right away the repair kit is a safe alternative to welding the firebox.
This stove was made in the 20's and it VERY heavy. I moved it from our house in Maine a few weeks ago and it took two of us to get it OUT of the van. It comes apart but the main section has to go at least 200 LBs because it's cast iron. That cast iron really holds the heat when you want to do some cooking.
Priced to sell quick at $275 OBRO, Located in Hanson

1922 Kalamazoo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom