• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1917 Erfurt Luger

I believe this is a police rework or military rework- not sure I know much about it. Can anyone who knows Lugers give me an idea of how I did on this-. I would appreciate any info... photo(2).jpg photo(3).jpg photo(4).jpg photo(9).jpg photo(6).jpg photo(5).jpg photo(7).jpg photo(9).jpg Thanks!! Is this a keeper? I assume only as a shooter due to the rough condition.

A luger is a luger whether it's worth big bucks,or the sum of it's parts.Your luger was used in WWI the restamped per the rules of the treaty of versaille.It most likely saw use as a police pistol,but could have been put back into military use.It's not a safe queen,but it,s sure a keeper.

Last edited:
She's been through some different services: Imperial German Army, Weimar Reichswehr (that's the 1920 marking over
1917), very likely used in WWII and captured by Tovarich, later re-worked and re-issued to the East German Volkspolizei
(People's Police), a so-called VoPo-Luger.
The grip panels and script of the mag serials are a dead giveaway for the latter; also the newer barrel. These pistols were
re-worked and most of them re-barreled in Suhl. The "crown/N" is the Suhl proof mark. There should also be a "sunburst"
mark present, indicating VoPo service.

Thanks!!!!!
I got it for 600.... it appears (based on GB) that I paid right around what it is worth. Do you know if those plastic grips are modern?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom