• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1916 Izhevsk Dragoon, Romanian Stocked

Always nice to tear open a box and find a gun in better condition than expected. This one did not disappoint. And the Gunbroker auction was a pleasant surprise, too. The price of $309 was fairly decent for the Dragoon with an early type handguard. I was expecting some more help with this one.

Original blue and receiver 1916 Izhevsk. Eagles are peened, but that was expected.

Romy_Dragoon_003.JPG

Romy_Dragoon_001.JPG

Nice example of a Romanian stock splice.

Romy_Dragoon_011.JPG

Romy_Dragoon_012.JPG

Second pattern Dragoon handguard, made of beech with copper rear strap, and steel front cap with copper rivets.

Romy_Dragoon_019.JPG

Romy_Dragoon_020.JPG

Romy_Dragoon_018.JPG

Original arshin graduations on the rear sight base, and left and right profile.

Romy_Dragoon_023.JPG

Romy_Dragoon_021.JPG

Romy_Dragoon_024.JPG

I wanted to get some shots of the stock cartouches, but a thunderstorm nixed that. If it clears up, I'll get some more pics.

Hope you enjoy. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Yes, it is a matter of collecting in areas of interest, and within our means, Juergen. There is no other explanation for amassing more than handful of firearms.

That said, I did pick up one other at my FFL on Wednesday, then I visited a half-dozen other shops and found two more - pics to come.

Back
Top Bottom