• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1911s...Now I Get It!

I have 3 1911 pistols a 2 Colts and a Remington R1 1911 they are addictive and they are the balls to shoot. I just fired a 100 rds tonight very stress relieving!

Thanks, guys. I'm looking at the E series, I'm partial to stainless. Scandium is not on the menu since this is intended for the range.

That tour didn't do anything to turn me off to S&W. They're not perfect but they're definitely on the move to implement some sound manufacturing/quality techniques. At some point I may have to just intentionally purchase a firearm they weren't involved in [smile]

The 1911s are made at the Houlton plant.

As I was corrected earlier, S&w is under new management. I don't think the fact that S&W panders to the whims of beacon hill makes them a good manufacturer.

I don't think you're a particularly good judge of what constitutes a good manufacturer.

The 1911s are made at the Houlton plant.

You know, I thought so. We asked point blank on the tour and they said they were made in Springfield but I saw no manufacturing evidence of 1911 anywhere. Regardless, the commitment to good manufacturing practices are there in the company so the building they are made in shouldn't have too much relevance on their quality.

You know, I thought so. We asked point blank on the tour and they said they were made in Springfield but I saw no manufacturing evidence of 1911 anywhere. Regardless, the commitment to good manufacturing practices are there in the company so the building they are made in shouldn't have too much relevance on their quality.

When I toured the plant a few years back I saw 1911 frames being forged and machined.

I owned a SW1911 and it was a great shooter. I only sold it to fund buying an AR. Right now I only have Colts and a WWII RR for 1911's but I would not hesitate to buy another S&W. I didn't know about their new E series guns. I like the idea of dropping the Shwartz safety for a traditional series 70 ignition system. That alone must make for an improvement in the trigger pull, which wasn't bad at all in the first place on the SW1911 I had. I also like the looks of the Remington R1. I may have to pick one of those up in the near future unless I start seeing bad reviews about it. (Don't foresee that happening though.)

I've never shot so well with a gun before! And holy crap, did it feel good in my hands! It's the next purchase on the list for sure.

I can definitely vouch for you there. You were tearing that target up! Of course, technically speaking I really tore it up since I was shooting minute-of-man groups @ 25'. Not my proudest day. Strangely I shot A LOT better with a scandium model the first time I ever shot a 1911. [thinking]

Dude, please. We're a minority. 'Ma**h***s' as a whole are GLAD its hard for us to buy guns. Anyone who makes it easier for us is a friend. Period.

+1.

It's not as if the Beacon Hill is gonna rewrite the laws because no manufacturer produces guns that can be legally sold as new in the state. Quite the contrary -- manufacturers NOT stepping up and doing so (and thus ending the new gun market in MA) was more likely the entire POINT of the "indept, imbecilic firearms laws."

I'm not gonna advocate any manufacturer teaching 'Ma**h***s' a lesson. It only hurts MA gun owners -- not the legislators who enacted the laws to begin with.

In that respect, producing MA compliant guns serves as much as to circumvent intent of the strict laws in MA every bit as much as it can be accused of legitimizing them.

Back
Top Bottom