centermass181

NES Member
LenS once posted some obscure loophole about buying a 1911 frame and building it up to circumvent the law here in Mass, did any one ever do any research on finding a dealer to buy one from?

Or heard any good news re: the SW1911sc?

centermass181 said:
LenS once posted some obscure loophole about buying a 1911 frame and building it up to circumvent the law here in Mass, did any one ever do any research on finding a dealer to buy one from?

Or heard any good news re: the SW1911sc?

The info on Four seasons web site "looks" like it did NOT make the LIST! [insert your own #^@$@#@$%] <------ here!
[roll]

It helps to understand the process for getting a gun approved for the List in MA:

The mfr submits guns to one of five approved testing labs. Results are forwarded to the Gun Control Advisory Board (Chief Ron Glidden is chairman) for review and recommendation to the Secretary of Public Safety.

NOTHING compels the Secretary of Public Safety to accept the recommendations of the GCAB!

NOTHING compels the Secretary of Public Safety to publish a new List. EOPS has to pay the newspapers (big bucks, I understand that the Boston Globe charges them many thousands to print that List) to publish the List, so they are reluctant to do it very often. [Laws do not have any penalties for government NOT obeying them. Penalties are only for peons disobeying the laws.]

Although there are other ways to get the guns out there, only a pro-gun Secretary of Public Safety (certainly not the guy in that office now) would bother to use them. Under the previous regime, the prior attorney for EOPS liked my ideas when I testified at the hearings on implementing this scheme. [Since I had designed and ran a product safety test lab for the late DEC and had some input in negotiating some practical changes to UL's acceptance policies, I suggested similar action by EOPS.] My suggestion was that once the Secretary of Public Safety accepted a gun for the List, that the mfr be allowed to ship with a copy of the acceptance letter enclosed to each distributor/dealer gun shipment plus publish the "official List" on the EOPS website. This would have made guns available as soon as they were approved rather than waiting for up to 6 months until a List was published in the major newspapers.

The AG's Reg requirements are a totally different kettle of fish and no approval is possible from the AG. Mfr certifies and if the AG disagrees, he sends letters assessing fines to the mfr and dealers.

I own a S&W 1911. Great gun. I shot the SC a couple of weeks ago out at the S&W training center. It didn`t seem as comfortable as the full size 1911. Maybe because it was lighter. I will shoot it again next time I am there shooting. I like their new PD model 1911. It`s got a black coating on it. I don`t like the stainless finish.

rwl1955 said:
Ware gun shop is having a S&W day Saturday. They advertise they will have the 1911SC & PD for sale. FYI

Anyone know what the state requires for a minimum pistol trigger weight?

derek said:
Anyone know what the state requires for a minimum pistol trigger weight?

The state requires a 10# trigger OR (IIRC) something like the grip safety on most 1911s. That is ONLY for retail sale by FFL of a new "compliant" gun.

You can do as you please with the trigger after you own it . . . no laws about trigger pull that affect possession. My S&W 1911 has a new, expensive trigger (ball bearing contacts, $100) and is breaking around 4.5# IIRC. You'll see it on Sunday.

The new List has the S&W 1911Sc on it. When S&W feels that they meet the AG's BS requirements, it should be salable by the FFLs.

Also WHEN it is available, Four Seasons will probably match the price at Ware (or beat it). [UPDATE: I just spoke with George at Four Seasons . . . Carl has 10 on order, but S&W won't ship yet (to anyone in MA) as they haven't done what they have to to meet/prove compliance with the AG's BS.]

I haven’t seen any 1911s being sold as frames at the Mill. I suspect 1911s are not that popular considering that Cabela’s handgun display is 50% 1911’s, 50% S&W M&Ps, 50% Revolvers, and 10% of everything else.

All these old threads had such mature and succinct thread titles.

Nowadays, this would be something like "School me on 1911 frame laws" or "Advice on building a 1911?"

Or, if a certain poster was starting the thread, "BREAKING! Scoundrels seek information on FRAMES for beautiful young 1911s!!!!"

I haven’t seen any 1911s being sold as frames at the Mill. I suspect 1911s are not that popular considering that Cabela’s handgun display is 50% 1911’s, 50% S&W M&Ps, 50% Revolvers, and 10% of everything else.
Good God man.
I think at the time we were talking - quietly- about the fella in the little shop in Northboro near GOAL.

Is there a 1911 that with the right dealer we cannot get? I say no.

All of them are available.

And holy necro thread.

Buy a night hawk and flex on the poors.
At the time there weren’t as many on the market made by so many manufacturers
Especially “mass compliant” models

Well if the new bill passes, you might have to re think that…

I’m stocking up.
Yeah, I meant WRT the approved roster
of course I’d never disobey the AWB 😂

But you’re right I thought I was content with my collection but now prioritizing some funds for a few more things I’ve wanted

Yeah, I meant WRT the approved roster
of course I’d never disobey the AWB 😂

But you’re right I thought I was content with my collection but now prioritizing some funds for a few more things I’ve wanted
Nothing on the roster is worth my time/money.

I avoid “normal” gun shops due to this.

I have a short list for guns I want. My dealers are looking for me.

But get what you want soon before it’s too late.

Back
Top Bottom