I can get him a new Remington R1 please call.
I called my dist. today and was told the R1 Enhanced is no longer Mass. OK. Remmington pull it.
Only the standard R1 is available now.

Thanks
John
413 579 1994

Last edited:
1CAA0AFD-8810-4E57-A894-C961EA6A0CB0-36547-000004051C83EEAC.jpg

The Ruger isn't bad.

My Sig is the TTT as well. Correct on the slide profile, make finding holsters a pain. But I had a Blackhawk that had two ribs inside, I ground them down and sanded them. Now it fits great.

I got a Kydex / horsehide IWB holster custom molded with an actual Sig 1911.

http://Theisholsters.com

theis_sig_holster.jpgtheis_with_sig.jpg

Love it. The horsehide is breaking in nicely.

Last edited:
I don't know why my dist told me Remington pull it and told them it was not Mass. OK and they had made a mistake in releasing as a Mass. OK firearm.

107598_01_1911_rock_island_armory_1911_640.jpg

How do you guys feel about the Rock Island Armory 1911? I know it is probably not up to the same standard as some of the other 1911 manufactures, but for the price i hear it is a pretty good gun. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this 1911?

If anyone is looking for a Rock Island GI. I just picked one up from Bellshireguns in KY. 425$ shipped plus 3% for cc. It was 437.75 to my FFL. Im pretty psyched for that price to start playing with the 1911 platform. If you call down there, ask for Phil.

Make sure you clarify the GI model. The tactical is not on Mass eops nanny list. They had 5" and 3.5" bbl

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does everyone seem to hate Para?

I can tell you why I hate Para. I've got an early P14. It would have relatively frequent failures to feed, typically towards the end of the magazine. Yes, this happens on many mags. Yes, they were new factory mags. Yes, I tried replacing springs and followers with new factory parts.

After a few thousand rounds, the hammer started following the slide down. The gunsmith who replaced hammer and sear said he'd never seen parts that soft.

Also, the slide stop notch is now getting deformed.

My troubles are not unique. ParaOrdnance has crappy quality control. If I recall correctly, Four Seasons stopped carrying PO due to quality problems and because PO didn't stand behind their product when it broke.

That is why people hate PO.

There are good 1911s available here in MA - S&W E-series, Remington R1, Ruger SR1911. There is no need to roll the dice with PO.

ETA: This note is on the Four Seasons web site:

We no longer sell or special order any new Para Ordnance handguns. We have had repeatedly bad experiences with quality control, repair issues and probably the worst customer service in the firearms industry.

Last edited:
The Ruger SR1911 is an amazing gun for the price range. The only thing I would suggest is investing in some nice magazines. Had a few issues with the standard Ruger ones. When using my Chip McCormick mags, the gun functions flawlessly.

Which CMC mags do you use?

Why does everyone seem to hate Para?

The one I bought would not chamber some ammo (their cough cough match barrel was not deep enough), had constant FTF FTE issues and locked up with a round in the chamber at a match. Took me 20 min to get it out. I made the dealer take it back vs sending it in.

Never again...

The one I bought would not chamber some ammo (their cough cough match barrel was not deep enough), had constant FTF FTE issues and locked up with a round in the chamber at a match. Took me 20 min to get it out. I made the dealer take it back vs sending it in.

Never again...

That happens when you are not careful fitting the barrel, or use junk parts. In either case - beware.

Back
Top Bottom