• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1911 issue

Ok... so i have a Para 1911

never had any issues with the gun. only minor issue is that one of the para mags wouldnt hold the slide open after the last round...

Now... the concern...

about a month ago i cleaned it and after a deep cleaning and oil, i re assembled it, slide fine, mag insert/release fine, hammer, trigger all fine.

yet i noticed that the thumb safety seem... stiff... harder to release then i remembered. took it back appart and back together and same thing...

Now, yesterday at the range, both my para mags wouldnt hold the slide after the last round... so now im a little concerned... it shot fine, cycled and was smooth... so just wondering if the mag is just crappy para mags and the safety is just my own "para"noia.

any thoughts (and yes, i expect the typical para bashing... but in all honesty, i love to shoot this gun)

Now, yesterday at the range, both my para mags wouldnt hold the slide after the last round... so now im a little concerned... it shot fine, cycled and was smooth... so just wondering if the mag is just crappy para mags and the safety is just my own "para"noia.
That's unlikely to be related to other things.

Possible causes for failing to lock back after the last round include:

- worn slide stop
- worn magazine followers
- dirty magazines
- and most likely, worn magazine springs.

Pick one of your mags that won't lock back on the last shot, take it apart, clean it, and replace the magazine with a fresh spring. See if that helps.

thats my thought... and stupid me... left my Chip M. mag at home... i'll fiddle with that tonight, but you're likely right... as much as i will detail the hell put of a gun when i clean it... admittedly, i put very little effort into the mag cleaning... i know... im a bad person lol.

Back
Top Bottom