1911 gunsmiths north of Boston

Good evening,

I tried my best to search but couldn’t find find what I was looking for. If there’s a different thread please point me in the right direction.

I’m looking for a gunsmith that’s not too far from Haverhill, Ma to work on my 1911. I’m hoping to avoid Marshfield or Plainville if possible (both came up in previous search)

I have a 9mm Springfield 1911. I was hoping to get some texturing on the front strap of the grip and also the top of the slide flattened.

I reached out to Lou at Business End Customs as I’m a big fan of his work but with his current workload he needs to focus on his full builds and less on work similar to this.

I was hoping there was someone else north of Boston or in southern NH that does this type of work.

I appreciate your time,

Derek

My recommendation was going to be Lou at BEC or Greg Derr in Marshfield.

How about Evolution Armory in Somersworth, NH? I know they do 1911 builds etc.

i would try here...LaRocca Gun Works, Inc. in Worcester. it's a little drive if you don't want to ship but he's good. lou biondo is, or was, my go to guy for a few years. i haven't needed him for a while now so if he can't take me i'd go to mike larocca to inquire.

I have a 9mm Springfield 1911. I was hoping to get some texturing on the front strap of the grip and also the top of the slide flattened.

machining front strap will be expensive. You could sell your gun and get a TRP for that cost, which would subsequently hold value much better than an aftermarket worked lower model. cheap solution is skateboard tape or similar adhesive to frontstrap. I’ve done this to my colt competition works fine.

why do you want the slide “flattened”. Not sure what that means or why. That may also affect holster fit.

Get a Wilson front strap piece for 10 bucks, they're much better than you'd think or put skateboard tape there. If checker the front you have to refinish the gun. It's not worth it. Same for topping the slide.

If you're trying to get the weight under 43 ounces for uspsa or idpa there's cheaper ways to cut some weight.

Back
Top Bottom