1911 Gunsmith in Eastern MA?

Just do the work yourself

Polishing the slide/frame isn't going to do anything for how the gun shoots unless its binding now. But you could use J-B bore paste to slick the frame/slide. But since they weren't hand fitted, it's not really going to make anything better
Just replace the springs if you think they need it.
Extractor tuning is super easy. You don't even need a tool and for the best results, should be done at the range. (E-series are external and can't be tuned easily at all)
Couldn't have said it any better, great points. There's tons of you tube videos showing how to replace springs and easily tune an internal extractor. I personally prefer learning how to do these things my self rather than paying somebody.

Pics of both thier work please!!!! Very interested in doing some sort of custom 1911👍🏻
You write “both their work” and yet there are multiple smiths named in this thread. Which two?

Regardless, if you’re talking about Derr, Santurri, Biondo, et al., go to their respective website and browse the photos.

Get personal references before giving your toys to somebody.. My wife gave an expert her magazines for a tweak and none of them are reliable any more. No, not bringing them back. Egos do not let you admit you made a mistake.

Get personal references before giving your toys to somebody.. My wife gave an expert her magazines for a tweak and none of them are reliable any more. No, not bringing them back. Egos do not let you admit you made a mistake.
I had a “smith” once who when I got it back had me shake my head.

DID YOU REALLY THINK A WHACK WITH A HAMMER AND BALL BEARING WAS A PROPER REPAIR FOR A STRIPPED THREAD? f***ing hack.

Agreed. And inspect everything closely.

Myself and others have had dishonest and screwed up jobs done by gunsmiths who get lots of recommendations on New England area gun sites.

Lesson learned is bring guns to people who specialize in them...

Last edited:
Greg posts his work often in the Gallery part of this forum. His stuff is pure candy. I’m sure I’m going to send him something to perform his magic on soon.
He’s lucky his posts don’t get flagged as outright p0rn. He is extremely talented at his craft.

I'm confused. who's better? One is high level and another is "another level". Another level up or down?
Lou is on the top level.
Yes, the pistols Lou makes are generally of a different style, but the attention to detail and consistency of execution makes all the difference in high end customs.
I am really going out of my way not to stir-up shit, but also this is a hill I am prepared to die on. [laugh]
[laugh][laugh]

Last edited:
Pics of both thier work please!!!! Very interested in doing some sort of custom 1911👍🏻
Heres the one greg did for my boss
If I could afford it I would buy it from him.
Absolutely great pistol

Back
Top Bottom