• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1911 frame tranfer

You've got mail.

I purchased a Caspian frame about 10 years ago to build a "target" pistol. I had won a Caspian slide and Shuemann barrel at a USPSA match that was donated to the prize table so I purchased the frame from them. I knew Caspian did custom serial numbers so I called the factory and found out the S/N 45ACP was available.
The guns shop (since closed) called me when the frame came in and I went to pick it up. The guy at the shop was looking the frame over with a quizzical look as he was filling out the paperwork for it. I asked him what he was looking for and he said "The serial number". I pointed it out to him and he smugly stated "That is the caliber, not the serial number" [rolleyes]

I didn't bother pointing out that I could build up the pistol in 9mm, 10mm, 40S&W, etc.

I got the same line when picking up an SVI upper s/n 38SUPER at Four Seasons. Since the SVI 1911 widebody frame is in two parts, it's not as obviously a frame as a standard 1911 frame. I suggested the clerk fill out a 4473 and let Carl figure out, at which point he decided it was a frame.\

ps: I have 45ACP and 40SW serial number SVIs and a Serbu 50 A s/n 50BMG.

Back
Top Bottom