• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1911 bull commander question for idpa

to my knowledge having the bull barrel might put you over the weight limit, if your only planning to shoot club matches i wouldn't worry about it but it might be a no no for sanctioned matches. where do you shoot idpa?

with an empty mag the total weight can not exceed 43 oz.
heavy and/or cone style barrels without a barrel bushing is a non legal modification for all divisions

Last edited:
Factory cone barrels are allowed in CDP if they're less than 4.2". So, you can shoot a subcompact 1911 in 45ACP in CDP, but no commanders or gov't models, and nothing in 9mm.

Like glocky said, most people at the club match level won't care, and I bet most clubs would at least let you shoot for no score and some would let them count.

Page 18 of the rule book.

Not allowed in any division unless otherwise specifically mentioned.. Heavy and/or cone style barrels without a barrel bushing.

ok, good enough for me...this will be just a plinker then [grin]

i don't shoot idpa...yet, i want to though, and what better way than, with a gun i built? but i guess not...oh well...thanks guys for the answer

Good time to buy another gun. Glock 17s are popular, as are Glock 19s, and even a Glock 21.

Factory cone barrels are allowed in CDP if they're less than 4.2". So, you can shoot a subcompact 1911 in 45ACP in CDP, but no commanders or gov't models, and nothing in 9mm.

Like glocky said, most people at the club match level won't care, and I bet most clubs would at least let you shoot for no score and some would let them count.

UMMM commander is a 4" barrel..?

hehehe....

how bout grinding it down so its *NEAR* flush with the barrel... They protrude a bit anyway... ground and recrown? Just a thought... or is that then considered "modified"? ....opens can of worms and runs away.....

Back
Top Bottom